Monday, 6 September 2010

So many things to catch up on!

Wow, it's so long since I posted! August passed by in a blur. I haven't been doing a lot of stitching but I do have an excuse reason...more on that later.
Firstly I need to say a big thank you to Conny for the exchange she sent me. This was round 5 of the Blackbird Design Exchange Group. The pincushion that she made is so 'me'. The colours are beautiful and I love that she stitched my initials. Conny wrote that the design is from Loose Feathers 38 - Summer Basket and is stitched on 32ct Zweigart linen. Thanks again Conny, I really love it!



Next up are my latest stash acquisitions. Edgar very kindly sent me a LHN design from my wish list. I've wanted to stitch 'Winter Whites' for so long and I'm definitely going to stitch it in time for Christmas...this year! Thanks so much Edgar! Next to 'Winter Whites' is CCN 'Ladybugs & Bumblebees'. When I first discovered the wonderful world of cross stitch blogs, I saw this completed on a blog (but don't remember which one unfortunately). It had been framed so beautifully and I knew I just had to stitch it.



The following patterns were purchased as a bundle on ebay. I already have Heart in Hand 'Angels Sing' but I purchased the bundle anyway as it was such a good price (can't resist a bargain being Northern and all!).



The baby boom amongst my friends continues as Gaynor had a baby girl (Evie) a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to stitch something that I hadn't done before so I purchased JBW Designs 'Baby Carriage'. I didn't want the chart to get lonely 'en route' so had to buy JBW 'A Very Merry Winter' and JBW 'Alphabet Pumpkin' to keep it company! 'Baby Carriage' was an easy stitch and I've just got to personalise it before I go and visit Gaynor this week. (photos of the finished item in next post).



My final purchase is this years JCS Ornament preview issue. Again, this was bought on ebay from an English seller at a very reasonable price. I think I bought last years JCS Halloween issue from the same seller. The first ornament I will stitch is 'Gingerbread Tree'. I love the look of Gingerbread men but not the taste unfortunately! In fact Christmas is a not a good time of year for me food-wise - I don't like Christmas pudding, Christmas cake, mince pies, stuffing, anything with ginger in it...the list goes on! Bah humbug!



And finally, below is the reason I've not been able to do much stitching lately...I'M PREGNANT!




This last month has been a very stressful time for us (not least of which because I suffer terribly with morning/afternoon/evening sickness!). But back in March we lost a baby during pregnancy, a little girl we named Martha. It was the most horrific, heartbreaking, soul-destroying time of our lives. There were complications during the delivery that made me believe we'd never be lucky enough to conceive again, but somebody, somewhere had other ideas! Because of what happened last time, we are being cared for very closely by the medical profession. I had a 9 week scan last week up at Kings College in London, where the fetal care is the best in the World. The scanning machinery there is just amazing. They can tell you very little at a 9 week scan, but the baby was a good size and had a very strong heartbeat. DH says it looks more like a frog than a baby at this stage, but I don't care - it's our little frog!! The telling time will be our 12 week scan in 2 weeks when they will be able to do much more thorough tests. Please do send prayers, good thoughts in our direction, they would be very much appreciated. I'm not a particularly religious person, but I've had many a conversation with God this past few weeks let me tell you.

Anyway, I think I'd better leave it there, I didn't expect to rattle on for so long! I've already used up 1 hour of DD's 2 hour nap!!

Regards,

Christina

14 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely new stash! Beautiful exchange from Conny too.

    Congratulations on your pregnancy - I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage and hope that this pregnancy is completely uneventful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely new stash Christina and a gorgeous exchange fron Conny.

    Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your baby girl and I hope everything goes well this time. Sending lots of very positive thought and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new stash Christina!
    Conny's exchange to you is gorgeous!

    Congratulations on your pregnancy!! My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage ;(
    I've been in your situation and I know it can be scarey. Just try and take it easy :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Christina,
    Best wishes and warm thoughts for you during this time.
    Your new stash looks wonderful.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful exchange! Those Summer Basket colors are so soothing. Great stash too!

    Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am sorry to hear of your earlier troubles and I wish you the best that you have a healthy and uneventful pregnancy this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great new stash and the exchange piece is lovely!

    Congratulations on your pregnancy! So sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter. Many prayers and hugs to you that all goes well this time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Christina--How marvelous! All the things I was going to say about your stitching news have just flown right out of my head~~~

    I have been keeping you in my prayers ever since our email conversation earlier in the Summer, and I cannot think of better news. :D :D :D

    I'm not a "religious" person either, but lately I've really been growing up in faith if that makes any sense. I think that God--who is reported to be omniscient and omnipotent and etc--will reveal to you what it is you need to do/know when you need it. For some people it's a change in their convictions, for others it's seeing the faces of saints in turnips from their garden!

    Ah, but how wonderful! No one can replace Martha, of course, but how exciting to be preparing to welcome a little one again!

    I've gotten my rear in gear and finally personalized my When Witches Sampler and am stitching it up this very day! So, look for some pics on my blog soon and after that the chart in your mailbox soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christina, Congratulations to you and your hubby. What wonderful news. I love your stash, some cute ones in that lot, and what a beauty that Conny sent you, that lady is soo talented.
    Hugs
    LISA V

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Christina!! How exciting! I will keep you in my prayers! Be sure to take care of yourself and get plenty of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the pregnancy Christina. I'm sorry about your loss earlier in the year but what lovely news now. Look after yourself and I'm glad that everything is going well.

    As for stitching, what a lovely exchange to receive and you've added some wonderful charts to your stash. Lucky you already having the JCS ornament issue. I am hoping mine arrives soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Christina! Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've received a very pretty exchnage gift from Conny. And wow, what a lot of great new stash.
    Congratulations on your pregnancy. That's wonderful. I hope that everything will go well. Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful exchange piece from Conny and lots of lovely new stash to play with.
    Congratulations to you and your hubby on your pregnancy. I;m sorry to hear about the loss of your darling little Martha. Hugs and prayers that everything goes well this time. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like Berit everything I was going to say flew right out of the window when I read about your loss. I am not a religious person either but if I did pray I would for you that's for sure.

    But Congratulations on your pregnancy.

    Love
    Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete