Saturday, 25 September 2010

A Huge Sigh of Relief...

Firstly, thanks for all the well wishes for my 12 week scan on Wednesday. It was absolutely amazing! The baby passed all tests with flying colours. I can't tell you how fantastic it was, given that I'd convinced myself we were going to get bad news again. We didn't get off to the best of starts as we got stuck in traffic on the M4, so we were an hour late for our appointment. Two hours sat on the M4 didn't do a lot for my nerves at all. London traffic...argh! I think the most emotional moment for me was when the sonographer revised my due date to April 4th...my birthday! I really feel like it's a sign, someone, somewhere is looking out for us. I realise we're not out of the woods yet, I won't be happy until I'm holding the baby in my arms, but I feel so much better than I did this time last week!


12 weeks 3 days - not so much like a frog now!




Iris 12 weeks


Here's Iris's scan pic at the same stage. They look very different don't they? Everyone who has seen the new baby's scan pic has said it looks like a boy. I guess we'll know either way in 6 months time!

I've been ploughing ahead with my Halloween stitching. I stitched this Lizzie Kate 'Halloween flip it' a few months ago but didn't know how to finish it. I really liked the yellow/black combination in the design, so decided to do a plaited yellow and black braid around the edge. I also found this fab pumpkin fabric on ebay. I bought 2 fat quarters of it so I'll be using it on everything! I'm desperate to have a Halloween display this year, so I'm trying to keep the momentum going!


Lizzie Kate Halloween Flip It
32 count Summer Khaki Linen





In other news, Iris started nursery this week. She's doing a Monday and Tuesday morning. I didn't sleep much Sunday night, DH just didn't get it at all, but I was worried about Iris making friends, how she would communicate with the teachers (her speech is great at home, but when we're out she assumes that nobody else speaks the same language as her!), if she'd get upset and I wasn't there to comfort her, as well as other more extreme scenarios. It turns out I need not have worried, she loves it! It's all she's spoken about since Tuesday! I did have a few tears, especially on Tuesday when I went to collect her and was told she'd achieved 'Star of the Day'! Oh where's my little baby gone? Here's Iris on her first day, the rucksack weighed more than her!



Well, better go, I suppose I should go and make DH a cuppa as he's been mowing the lawn for what seems like hours!

Regards,

Christina

15 comments:

  1. So glad everything went well with the scan! I'm glad that Iris is enjoying nursery - I seem to remember point-blank refusing to go, myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scan-picture is great. Isn't it a miracle to be able to look inside and really see this baby?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the baby!

    My first grandchild is due to be born on March 27. My daughter-in-law is also being monitored closely because she miscarried this past January.

    Try not to worry, everything will turn out just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm soo pleased that your scan went well, it is just an amazing experience to see it on the screen and marvel at how developed they look and you cant seem to get the smile off your face, the scans were my favourite part of my pregnancy.
    Iris is just the cutest! I'm glad she liked nursery school.
    And I love your LK design, if I remember correctly I stitched this design and made it into a tin topper.
    Hugs
    LISA V

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your scan went well! It is amazing how detailed the pictures are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy your scan went well. I've been thinking about you and wondering. The scan picture is absolutely amazing!

    Love your L*K finish. The fabric you used for the back is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christina: I am so excited for you, how lucky you are we have said a few prayers for you to have everything come out good,congratulations. I really like the fabric on the back of your Lizzie Kate pumpkin ,I think this pattern is so cute.
    But the cutest is Iris how sweet she is and such a cutey pie smile.
    Happy stitching
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy to hear everything went well Christina!! I am very excited for you :)

    Iris is just adorable!! I remember when my daughter Steffanie first went to school. My Mom and I were crying like blithering idiots at the bus stop while she was all happy waving to us as she went on the bus LOL That was 26 years ago and I still remember it as if it was yesterday. I was the same way when my so Kenny went to school. He is almost 10 now. It just shows they are ready to grow up :)
    Love you LK! That one is in my to do pile.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. What brilliant news! :D :D :D

    Iris is adorable--what cute clothes, too!

    And, of course, that stitched ornament is just the thing; love the trim you made. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad that the scan came out well! What a relief! And Iris is already starting preschool...wow!

    Love your Halloween ornies! Do you have any info on the tree you are hanging them on? It looks interesting and I cannot find an ornie tree that I like...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such wonderful news Christina :-D
    Sounds like Iris is loving nursery, I remember having a tear or two when my kids first went to nursery and school. I also remember DH not gettting it too :-) Men!
    I love the way you have finished the L*K, that pumpkin fabric is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear things are progressing well with the new baby.
    Love your LK pumpkin finish. That fabric is just perfect!
    Ah to watch the little one's grow up and away. It is tough but rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear that everything went well with the scan.
    Love the LK finish! Your daughter is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is wonderful news Christina.
    Iris is such a cutie and it sounds like she loves nursery. Most kids settle in really quickly these days its the Mommies who need time to adjust.
    Great Halloween ornie, love the backing fabric.
    Take care, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fantastic news! I'm so glad that your scan went well. Your Halloween ornament is adorable--so is your finishing! Iris is such a cutie patootie. I'm glad she's enjoying nursery! I remember taking my kids & they were always happy to go, but a few of their friends had to be peeled away from their parents to go into the school. That always broke my heart and I think if my kids had done the same, they'd be homeschooled! LOL I hope Iris enjoys her year.

    ReplyDelete