'When Witches Go Riding' leaflet.
32ct Ivory Linen
The next finish is one I completed last week. I've used Blue Ribbon Designs 'Afraid of the Dark' leaflet several times but have never stitched it in its entirety. Again, I love how this turned out, in fact I think I prefer the back to the front! The ribbon is to die for, I've been looking for a reason to use it for a long time.
'Afraid of the Dark' leaflet
32ct Ivory Linen
I have never tried a circular finish before, and this pumpkin from Prairie Schooler's 'Trick or Treat' leaflet was crying out for it! Unfortunately, it turned out more octagonal than circular, but as it was my first attempt I won't get too despondent and I kinda feel it adds to it's rustic charm!
'Trick or Treat' Leaflet
32ct Ivory Linen
April and I participated in a private Autumn/Christmas exchange and as April has let me know that my parcel has arrived I can share what I stitched for her. The Pumpkin Keeper finish was another first for me, a diamond shape as opposed to my regular (and safe!) square or rectangular finish.
32ct Summer Khaki Linen
'Santa Claus is Coming to Town' by Shepherd's Bush
32ct Summer Khaki Linen
I enjoyed stitching them both and I'm pleased that April likes them.
My final photograph is a recent purchase from etsy. I saw a pumpkin pin cushion on Valerie's fantastic blog and I knew that I just HAD to have one! After getting in touch with Valerie, she pointed me in the direction of etsy. The seller that Valerie had used didn't have the fabric I wanted so I eventually found a seller selling similar autumnal merchandise for very reasonable prices. Et voila, below is my bargain purchase!
In the last week or so I've received JCS Halloween 2010 & JCS Christmas 2010 ornament issues (courtesy of Catherine and Karen purchasing duplicate copies - thank you ladies!) Oh my, I wasn't disappointed! I have so many things I want to stitch, I just don't know where to begin first! I still have post-it notes sticking out from last year's issues indicating the pages of the 'must stitches'. Oh well, if I don't purchase next year's issues, perhaps I'll get them all stitched??? What are the odds I wonder?!
Regards,
Christina
Wow Christina! What wonderful finishes :-)
ReplyDeleteI love them all but I think the first one with the ruched ribbon is my favourite.
I look forward to seeing your halloween display :-)
Those are absolutely gorgeous Halloween finishes. Love that ruching. You have a wonderful Halloween display coming together.
ReplyDeleteYour finishing is impeccable! They are all just gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteGosh, you have been busy! All your finishes look great, but I particularly like the first PS pumpkin - great ruching! - and the BRD two-sided ornament - that ribbon is indeed to die for! (where did you get it from, please?!) Love the pumpkin from Etsy too!
ReplyDeleteChristina: I love all your finishes the pumpkin that you say is oblong is perfect, I really like the stuffed pumpkin very nice.
ReplyDeleteCatherine
So glad to hear that your morning sickness is fading!! All of your finishes look great!
ReplyDeleteChristina,
ReplyDeleteyour finishes are beautiful. I love them all.
What great finishes. I too have just finished a circular finish, and it was easier than I expected.
ReplyDeleteHugs
LISA V
Wonderful finishes! You've been busy! I wish I would catch the finishing bug too. I guess I should stitch up some ornies first though! lol
ReplyDeleteSo glad you found a stuffed pumpkin...too bad the seller didn't have the same fabric but this one is even better...It has a leaf! :)
Wow you are certainly stitching up a storm now! So glad your "morning" sickness has finally gone.
ReplyDeleteAll of your finishes are absolutely fantastic. Your ribbon ruching looks brilliant. It does take absolutely ages though!
What fantastic finishes Christina!! I LOVE them all!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear your morning sickness is subsiding and your able to stitch more :)
Hugs
Each of your finishes is so special, Christina!
ReplyDeleteAnd I want to say how much I love the name of your blog... When I was a young mother (many, many years ago!) my sons' nap time was my only stitching time. How I relished those two hours to myself :)
Oh-mi-gosh how stunning! :o
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your WWGR Jack-o-lantern (Now another on my must-stitch list! :P
And that BRD is also to die for--I LOVE that ribbon--looks like the one you used for my summer exchange--and I can absolutely testify that it is amazing! (Gee; is it already well into Autumn?)
The BBD patterns are sitting right here with me at my desk; I've amassed all the flosses, but still no linen; I'm thinking of 28 as 32 is a bit small (the holes) sometimes...wish I had a more local place to dig to through the 30 counts (as that's what's called for.) At any rate, I am both so thankful for the loan and that my little chart has made itself useful. That ruching may have been slow but it is gorgeous! :o
Great to hear your feeling better!
ReplyDeleteI love the ruched ribbon, it's the perfect touch! And all your other finishes are lovely too!
OMG, I'm drooling all over my keyboard! Look at all of those finishes and most of them featuring pumpkins :o) You've been a busy bunny!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, what fantastic autumnal stitching!! I love all the finishes and your beautiful exchange pieces, too. The pumpkin that you found on Etsy is too cute! I'm glad to hear that your morning sickness has abated. I hope that continues! ;)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend!