Sunday, 31 October 2010

Happy Halloween!

Sweets bought - check, Iris's pumpkin outfit ironed - check, pumpkin candle placed in bay window - check...it must be HALLOWEEN!

Here's a photo of my Halloween display. Unfortunately there is still a Halloween finish in the 'to do' pile, but it involved a ruched ribbon edging so I just kept on putting it off and off and off!




Witch taken from 'When Witches Go Riding'
by Prairie Schooler
32ct Natural Linen


I did manage to finish a couple more ornaments for BeckySC's Pumpkin Challenge (no ruching required - phew!)


Jack-O-Lantern by Casey Buonaugurio
JCS 2010 Halloween issue
36ct Copper Lakeside Linen



Jack-O-Lantern Fob (Freebie) by Casey Buonaugurio
32ct Natural Linen


A couple of weeks ago I was thrilled to discover that I won Carol's giveaway! When the prize arrived my eyes almost popped out of my head! The bag alone would have been a fantastic prize (it already has my latest WIP in it), but look at the stash it was filled with - yippee!



Within a day of the stash arriving I'd stitched up this beauty from Sekas & Co called 'Watercolour Pumpkins'. I loved stitching it as it contained lots of new stitches for me...cashmere stitch, stem stitch & oblong cross stitch. I can't decide whether to do a circular or an oval finish.


'Watercolour Pumpkins' by Sekas & Co
32ct Natural Linen


Thanks so much Carol, this is such an amazing prize.

My luck didn't stop there...Sally was having a chart giveaway over on her fabulous blog. I've long admired the chart - LHN 'Holly and Berries' and would you believe - I won! I really should have bought a lottery ticket that week, I'm not usually so lucky! Thanks Sally, I can't wait to stitch this design for Christmas.

>
LHN 'Holly & Berries'


I'm now making the transition between Halloween stitching and Christmas stitching. I had hoped to be well on my way with Christmas ornaments by now, but of course I'm already behind. This year, as presents for DH's side of the family, I'm making home-made biscuits to put in Emma Bridgewater tins I purchased in the sale last year. I'd also like to include a hand stitched ornament. At least I know if I don't get around to stitching everyone an ornament, I've got the biscuits to fall back on! Since I had Iris, I've learned one must always have a Plan B!!

Pregnancy news is that I've started to feel baby wriggle about which is so reassuring. I didn't feel Iris kick until 20 weeks but I started to feel stirrings with this little one at about 16 weeks. It doesn't kick, just kind of shifts around...a lot. I fell asleep on the sofa a few nights ago (as I often do at the mo) and DH said he felt baby squirming around lots so he/she doesn't even rest when I'm asleep!

I hope everyone has an enjoyable Halloween. I can't wait to see Iris's face when we open the door to lots of 'Trick or Treaters' this evening! I often wonder what she makes of the World at this age, she always seems to take it all in her stride!

Regards,

Christina

18 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween Christina. Your Halloween tree is fabulous. Love your prizes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lovely! :D I've just got some WiPs spread on my coffee table--and that's it for my decorating this year, lol! :P

    I think I'll blog them though, as there is a goody Myra sent that needs showing!

    Have a Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're tree is great. I love your watercolor pumpkins. I guess it is the stitch variety. Nice job, as well with the others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cogratulations on all your wonderful goodies! I love your Halloween tree - such pretty pieces. Seeing your tree jogged my memory and I think I have a tree like this in my storage room - need to find it so I can have this kind of display next year. Thanks so much for sharing and Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Hallowe'en display Christina - I love that tree! It looks wonderful with all your ornaments. Lucky you on winning some great stash too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Halloween Tree. Wow, you've been busy...look at all those ornies! Congrats on winning a couple of giveaways too. I'm surprised at my luck this month too! lol

    So happy that you are feeling flutterings with the baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trick or Treat!

    Happy Halloween, Christina!

    Love your Halloween Tree with all the ornaments...precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Halloween tree Christina and what beautiful winnings from the lovely Carol.
    Glad to hear you are keeping well.
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christina!
    Your Halloween ornaments look great. The ruching was not that hard. If I can figure it out I am sure that you can.

    Glad to know that you are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Halloween - I LOVE your halloween tree you have some lovely finishes on there. Congratulations on your prizes. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Halloween tree is so cute, Christina. What a great way to show off your lovely finishes...

    This must be your lucky year--hope it continues. You've received such nice prizes :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Halloween tree, such great pieces hanging from it!

    Congrats on the wins! Such lovely prizes :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Halloween tree looks fabulous!! I LOVE the ornaments you have made for it!
    Congratulations on your stash winnings! What a wonderful assortment of goodies :)

    So glad to hear your pregnancy is comming along well! Before you know it the baby will be here.
    I bet Iris had a ball with the trick or treaters :) They are so precious at that age.

    Thanks so much for the birthday wishes :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that sweet little tree! What fun! And I adore those pumpkins- I need that chart! How nice to feel baby moving. :) That is always so reassuring. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous exchange and I love your ornament tree. All the pieces are too cute and the tree is wonderful also.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your tree looks fantastic Christina! Love your latest finishes.

    What a fantastic giveaway from Carol.

    Enjoy stitching Holly and Berries! it's so lovely to stitch.

    Glad to hear your pregnancy is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Halloween tree looks so cute with all its great ornaments. And the skeleton, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your tree! Hope Iris had fun on Halloween!

    ReplyDelete