There's not been a lot of stitching going on unfortunately. My Uncle framed a finish for me (he works part-time in a framing shop) but I forgot to bring it home (from the north) with me. To be honest, it probably wouldn't have fitted in the car, we were jam packed with DD's birthday presents. Here is a photo of a design I finished the week before last. It was really enjoyable to stitch. I particularly like the trim of Santa's hat, it's a basket weave effect - achieved by alternating cross stitch with satin stitch. I'm going to finish this as a cushion. It will look great on my sofa during the festive period. I really should get my bum in gear to get a few finishes done. I'm dragging my heels as it's not something I particularly enjoy, but my half-finished projects are mounting up!
To All a Good Night
32ct Summer Khaki
I started stitching another design this afternoon, but it's an exchange piece, so top secret!
Well, I'd better make it brief, I'm going to watch the Jonathan Ross show that I recorded last night. It's his last ever show, Friday nights just won't be the same without him (or Saturday nights if I'm too tired to stay up 'til 10.35pm on a Friday night!). David Beckham is one of the guests - I'm so excited - I LOVE David Beckham. It's not very often you can describe a man as beautiful, but there's not a better word to describe him! Shh, don't tell DH!
Regards,
Christina
Belated Happy birthday to Iris! I'm glad she had a good time, even though you're all Peppa Pig'd out! ;)
ReplyDeleteCute Christmas finish, I did a much smaller but similar Crescent Moon Santa a while back and I think it's a great idea for a Christmas piece :)
Iris looks over the moon with her Peppa tent.
ReplyDeleteAdorable Santa finish, look forward to your next piece.
Iris looks rather happy in her tent. Too cute!
ReplyDeleteI also like your stitching finish, might have to look for that one myself.
Take care
LISA V
Iris Is just adorable, I am sure you all had a blast of a time.
ReplyDeleteShe is simply beautiful.
I really like the Santa he is real sweet.
Happy stitching.
Catherine
Looks like Iris had a wonderful day! What a cute Santa design. It will look great as a cushion.
ReplyDeleteI don't even know who PP is, but that's a cute shot of Iris. :)
ReplyDeleteAlso a very nice Santa--I for one can vouch that your finishing is lovely, so you shouldn't worry on that account. ;)