Saturday, 18 March 2017

March's Ornament - Done!

Here is my ornament for March. I love this design...I have stitched it FOUR times, but never for myself! It is 'Peace & Quiet' by Erica Michaels. I think it may be OOP now. I stepped out of my comfort zone and finished as a flat ornament with cord trim. I'd forgotten how tricky a flat finish is! It's so difficult to get the design perfectly central. 😬
I will be back later in the month with news of two exchanges that I have participated in. Two posts in one month?! Wow, I really am on a roll. 😊


Peace & Quiet by Erica Michaels
32ct natural Belfast linen


Until next time,
Christina

8 comments:

  1. Lovely! You did excellent on the finishing Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I have to admit to never doing flat finishes because I can not get them just the way I like them. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stitch , and I love the finish .

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to discover your blog. The ornament came out just beautiful. It looks perfect to me. Happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is gorgeous, Christina! I struggle with flat finishes, myself--know just what you mean :) I think that is why most of my finishes are pillows or round/oval types.

    Happy spring to you and your three sweeties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful finish as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it's so pretty! You should really stitch it for yourself one day, just for fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great design, Christina, and I can understand that you wanted to stitch it for yourself as well. And your finishing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete