I participated in the latest 'Stitch, Create, Exchange' Summer Exchange. I received a fabulous parcel from Marcy. The stitched pillow is just lovely and has somehow found its way into Iris's bedroom. She loves anything rainbow related at the moment. The fabric that Marcy sent is going to be used to make Iris's dolly - Agatha - some beautiful new dresses. I don't seem to get a look in these days! Big thanks to Marcy for putting such thought into the exchange.

My parcel was sent to Conny in the Netherlands. I decided to go with a British Seaside theme after purchasing the deckchair postcard from a visit to Whitby. My stitched piece is from a Cross Stitcher magazine. I haven't heard from Conny yet, but I hope she likes it as much as I do.

******************
My snowman theme for 2014 continues with a couple more finishes. The ornament below was from a Ewe and Eye chart that I think was supposed to be a scissor companion. I adapted the colours to make a suitable Christmas ornament for my friend's six year old son. I hope he likes it, I make him one every year. He really appreciated the Kermit ornie that I stitched last year.
Next is a freebie from Barbara Ana Designs called 'Let it Snow'. I finished it a few weeks ago but actually started it before Christmas last year, so I stitched 2013 on the reverse. I think I like the reverse almost as much as the front!

My WIP is from the Prairie Schooler 'Santas and Snowmen' leaflet. This is the first design I have stitched from the leaflet. I have a finish in mind so I am desperate to get it done. It seems to be taking me forever!
Ok, I'd better leave it there. I will return soon with more snowmen and a birthday stitch for my 'big girl' who will soon be turning six. :0)
Regards,
Christina




Dearest Christina: I love all your stitching, the snowmen are so sweet, your exchanges are wonderful.
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Catherine
Both exchanges are lovely. Glad you enjoyed the round.
ReplyDeleteYour ornies are too cute!
Oh Christina, so great to see you back in the blogging world. I'm wondering about how fast time has flown myself.
ReplyDeleteThe exchange you were taking part in was a very beautiful one. I love both stitched gifts and also the goodies around the summer theme are gorgeous.
Ha, more snowmen to admire. You were busy stitching these, and you made a great choice of designs. I have to look up Barbara Ana's freebie, it's really sweet. And the other two so lovely, too.
Beautiful post love all the exchanges and love the cute snowmen .
ReplyDeleteYay, you're back!! :) Great post with a wonderful exchange and sweet snowmen xxx
ReplyDeleteLovely to see you back again. Some sweet finishes to share. Love your snowman theme too. Hope your family are all well. Irene xxx
ReplyDeleteOf course we remember you!! And you've understandably been missing in action--I know having three children to raise doesn't give you much free time :)
ReplyDeleteYour exchanges are so lovely--the beach theme you chose is such fun! And I always love a good snowman ornament--darling finishes. The tiny snowman on the back of the one is such a special touch :)
Can hardly believe your daughter will be six already! How time flies... Enjoy your summer with your family, Christina!
Your finishes are always gorgeous, I love the beading you do around them. x
ReplyDeleteWe have three kids close in age. Yes, time zips by when they are so little!
ReplyDeleteLovely getting caught up with you!
So lovely to see you blogging again Christina we have missed you. Lovely stitching xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun post! I love all your finishes and the WIP. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteLovely stitching and exchange Christina! I am sure that you have your hands full with your three young kids. I am amazed you get to stitch! :)
ReplyDeleteBoth the exchanges are lovely. Wonderful ornaments.
ReplyDelete