Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Favourite Things Exchange

Ooohhh, I just love these Stitched With Love exchanges! The theme this time around was 'Favourite Things'. My package came from Lisa over at Blackflies & Snowflies. Now let me tell you, I've been part of this lovely stitchy blogging community for over 2 years now, and I've participated in a fair few exchanges. I have received some wonderful and generous parcels but this one left me absolutely speechless. So much thought had gone into each and every item and they were all SO me! It is as if I have a soul-mate across the ocean! :0) Without further ado, I'll let the photos do the talking...


The exchange arrives all beautifully wrapped. How does Lisa know I have a little 'thing' for organza pouches?!!



Halloween Stitching - My FAVOURITE!



LHN - Winter Greens (from my wishlist - great detective skills Lisa!)



Beautiful Coloured Fabric - Misty Rain, Summer Sunset - they even SOUND fabulous! ;0)



I LOVE anything giraffe related!



ric rac & beads screaming to be used on my next Halloween project


And I've left the best till last...my stitched item. Oh my goodness, I could barely believe my eyes when I pulled this from its pouch.



My very own stitcher's wallet. HOW...ABSOLUTELY...AMAZING. If you have ever received an exchange from Lisa you will be nodding your head around now when I say how utterly spectacular her sewing is (I'm running out of adjectives here). My mum summed it up perfectly by saying that this will become an heirloom for our family.





Just look at the beaded giraffe fob *shrieks*


I just don't think I'll ever be able to thank Lisa enough. She is such a talented stitcher and I look forward to seeing more projects on her lovely blog.
Thank you again Lisa. I just hope you realise how much I appreciate the effort that went into this exchange. I truly, truly love it.


My exchange was to go to Melissa over at St John's Stitcher. I don't think Melissa will mind me saying that she lives in 'Paradise'. The Post Master and I had a good chuckle about that when I went to post her parcel...it was pouring down outside and let me tell you, the view outside the post office looked about as far removed from Paradise as one could get!

Melissa had happened to mention on her blog that 'Paradise' was also getting a lot of rain so I thought 'Rain Rain' by Prairie Schooler would be an appropriate stitch!


'Rain Rain' by Prairie Schooler (front view)



'Rain Rain' by Prairie Schooler (back view)



The exchange in its entirety



beautiful pins by Nataly at Nataly's Needle Creations



All packaged up and ready to go


I'm pleased to report that Melissa liked what I sent for her. The Earth Goddess chart I included was from her 'wish list' and I think I could be quite tempted to stitch it myself. The bead work is beautiful on it. Guess I'd better add it to my ever increasing list! ;0)

Ok, better leave it there. I have a BAP that I should be working on. Progress photos to follow in next post!

Regards,

Christina

11 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful! It is so nice to see such thoughtful exchanges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What stunning packages - stitchers are the best aren't they. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fantastic exchange packages, both sent and received! I love the BBD piece and the PS is so wonderful--it sounds as if you're summer is similar to what we're getting over here! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful exchange!!! Lucky girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a great exchange from Lisa--she certainly chose perfect things for you, Christina! And I adore the tiny PS pillow you stitched for Melissa--sorry you're getting so much rain. Sure wish you could bottle it and send it our way :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! what wonderful exchange packages.
    That has to be the funniest thing to open
    all that stitchy goodness surprises
    Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely exchanges both sent and received! That needlebook is gorgeous! I think I need to stitch Rain, Rain Go Away - that's all it's been doing here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a wonderful exchange from Lisa. I love the BBD piece.

    Love the package you sent to Melissa. The Rain Rain Go Away piece is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a great exchange you recieved.
    The one for Melissa is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just been on Melissa's blog and seen what you stitched for her. Such a great exchange piece. I love everything Prairie Schooler, they have many designs that are perfect for exchanges (and for eveyr other kind of stitching, of course, lol). The little needelbook you received is just as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete