
Thank you once again Carol - I feel very lucky to have won your fabulous giveaway. :0)
We were recently invited to a Christening that we are unfortunately unable to attend. I didn't want the occasion to pass without stitching something, so I got straight to work. Three girls are being christened, two of whom are sisters and a younger cousin. I didn't have much time to stitch something so I decided on their initials, with a birth date on the reverse. The youngest little girl who is being Christened was actually a twin, but tragically her twin brother was stillborn. I couldn't leave him out, so little 'R' got a stitched ornie too. The fourth ornie was still 'in production' when I took the photograph, but it is an 'E' finished in exactly the same way as the others. The alphabet was taken from one of Jo Verso's books. I think I've had the book since I was 14!

Given that the Queen's Jubilee is two weeks away, my Mum and I have been busy making homemade Union Jack bunting. Yes, yes, I'm aware that the Union Jack should only be referred as such when flying aboard a sea vessel, but Union Flag just doesn't sound as, well, patriotic! We bought some very good quality gift wrap from a local garden centre, stuck it onto some red card, cut out triangles, threaded through some ribbon, and hey presto! I've had many orders for it from friends and family. I just hope I can fulfill all of the orders before Jubilee Day.

I'll end with a photo of my DD. Much to my chagrin, she seems to have inherited her Daddy's hatred of shopping. After a recent trip to Marks and Spencer she had obviously had enough of my incessant traipsing up and down the aisles and decided to patiently wait until I was finished! Passing customers found it highly amusing. One older gentleman even asked if she was part of the garden furniture deal!

I'll be back soon with news of my first ever giveaway to celebrate my (almost) 100 followers! I'm so excited about it!
Regards,
Christina
Congrats on winning Carol's giveaway! What great stuff! And you did such a sweet job making those ornies for the christening. I am sure they will be loved and appreciated. So...do I dare ask how Santa's List is coming along?! Hope you have a nice weekend!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your giveaway prize its wonderful. Lovely bunting. I am feeling really happy about the jubilee celebrations looking forward to it. Oh bless her at least she found somewhere my little one has a tendancy to lie on the floor and won't move! xx
ReplyDeleteHello Christina!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful giveaway you received. I didn't realize that it would be so hard to get linen where you are.
I think that the Christening gifts are lovely. What a thoughtful gift.
I love your pic of your DD. At least she was settled down in her own way and being patient :)
A gorgeous giveaway received. I hear you about linen, it is the same with evenweave just doesn't look the same when you buy it. I love the picture of your daughter. Your christening gifts are lovely.
ReplyDeleteThat pic of your daughter is just the sweetest! Congratulations on your win from Carol.
ReplyDeleteWhat nice goodies from Carol! The pic of your daughter has just made me smile - so cute! I agree with you about the fabric buying, it can be so difficult to judge when you're trying to do it online.
ReplyDeleteOh, how precious is that photo of your reading daughter, Christina! Of course, as a librarian I truly appreciate the sight of children reading... I love the fact that she was so comfortable and totally oblivious to passersby!
ReplyDeleteYour bunting and Christening ornaments are darling--what special gifts and how nice of you to remember the twin brother...
I am so happy that you're enjoying your giveaway package--I'm sure you'll find something beautiful to stitch on the fabrics... Enjoy your week now :)
Fabulous goodies from Carol! She is a wonderful lady.
ReplyDeleteLove your Christening ornaments, such a sweet gift. So thoughtful of you to do one for the brother.
Oh my gosh! I love the picture of your daughter reading in the store. That is awesome! She looks as comfortable as if she is in her own back yard and not in a store!
Your daughter is a darling! What pretty gifts you stitched for the babies too.
ReplyDeleteLovely Christening gifts! You cant beat a handcrafted gift! Love the bunting too, what a fab idea.
ReplyDeleteThe picture of your daughter made me laugh!
Hope you are enjoying the nice weather. Its another beautiful day up here :-)
I would love to be entered in your contest..The picture of your daughter is so cute... She should love to shop!
ReplyDeleteHow funny your daughter decided to put her feet up while you finished shopping. I love the Christening gifts you made, very sweet!
ReplyDeleteWhat a funny picture of your daughter thsi is. My daughter was just the opposite at that age, and at any other age, too, lol.
ReplyDeleteSuch nice little Chritsening gifts that you prepared. And I love the tree they are hanging from. Looks wonderful.
Enjoy your goodies from Carol!