Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Spring into Easter Exchange

Time to reveal the latest Stitched With Love Exchange - Spring into Easter. I received a FANTASTIC package from Lisa of Lisa's Cross Stitch Paradise. She had very kindly sent little Easter parcels for Iris and Isaac too. Iris was hopping about the kitchen with her parcel! As you can see from the photographs everything was so beautifully packaged. Lisa stitched a Lizzie Kate design for me that I've never seen before - it's very cute and will take pride of place on my Easter tree next year. Thank you so much Lisa - you really spoiled me (and the children!).




How cute are the bunny socks?!


My exchange partner was Jen. I decided to stitch this bunny freebie from Alexandria - it is so cute! So cute in fact, I've stitched it three times this Easter!


Easter Freebie by Alexandrina
32ct Ivory Belfast linen


I read on Jen's profile that she enjoys card making so I included a few card crafts as well as stitching goodies. She is a big Disney fan so I couldn't pass up a tiny Tinkerbell ornie kit!





All packaged up and ready to go


Two of my friends have had baby girls in the last 8 months, so I simply HAD to stitch this design for them to mark their first Easter.





Next, my progress on 'Santa's List'. I've hardly stitched on this to be honest. I did get the dreaded Rocking Horse finished though...phew. The two week Easter break meant I wasn't getting my usual two hours of stitching in the afternoon as Iris was home all day, wanting to stick, colour, play, go to the park etc so no Mammy time allowed! We're back in our routine now so hopefully this BAP will start to grow again.


Santa's List - April progress


Speaking of Easter, my lovely Mother-in-Law puts together an Easter basket every year. I thought she couldn't top the gorgeous basket that the chocolate goodies came in last year, but take a look at this year's basket...I LOVE it! I'm undecided as to what will go in it yet, but I'm thinking it might be quite nice to display my Easter ornies in next year. But what do I do with it for the other 11 months?!



And finally, I'm thrilled to announce that I won Carol's 'Grand Prize' giveaway over at her fabulous blog, Stitching Dreams! I'm so excited, the prize includes (amongst many other goodies) a beautiful needle minder - I've never owned a needle minder before! I usually just stick the needle in my mouth and wander about the house with it (not advisable...). Of course, as soon as my prize travels across the ocean I will be showing it off on my blog. I can hardly believe it, I never usually win a thing! ;0)

Until next time,

Regards,

Christina

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous exchange parcels. That bunny freebie is lovely, I have stitched it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fantastic! Lovely exchange sent and received and the door hanger for your friend's daughter is precious! Great progress on Santa's List!! Congratulations on winning Carol's giveaway. Lucky lady! Oh...I owe you an email. I haven't forgotten! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely exchanges both sent and received.
    Love the little bunny hanging pillow you made aswell, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous exchanges sent and received. Loved the Easter pillow you made. Your Santa is coming along great. Congrats on the win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely exchanges, sent and received. Love the little ornaments you made for first easters :-) they will surely be treasured keepsakes.
    All my plans go out the window in the school holidays too :-) It's lovely at the time, but nice to get some 'me' time back now too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post Christina! I love those exchanges. Everyone is so thoughtful and puts together wonderful things. I love the little Easter pillow that you have been stitching and finishing.
    Congrats to finishing the rocking horse. You have really made a lot of progress on this piece.
    Have a great rest of the week :) I know you will :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your win. Nice presents all around. The rocking horse looks fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely exchanges and well done on your win - fantastic. Love the Easter bunnies xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What nice exchanges, Christina... I love the idea of stitching a "First Easter" piece for a new baby, too!

    Glad you're excited about your win--hope it arrives safely :) Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely exchanges. Love the bunny stitch. What a lovely idea for a new baby too.

    Congratulations on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi

    I'm new to your blog.

    The exchanges are lovely and I love the little bunny finishes for the baby girls.
    Congratulations on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great exchange goodies!!
    Sweet basket ~ they are the est for holding stitching goodies!
    Congrats on your win from Carol! She is so sweet and generous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are really great exchnage pieces and goodies. And wow, your BAP looks gorgeous.
    Enjoy your wonderful win from Carol.

    ReplyDelete