I ended the year with a couple of Christmas finishes. I've longed to do a pom pom finish of sorts after drooling over many on other blogs. I've never been brave enough to tackle it myself, but my mum said she'd supervise if I wanted to have a go (she's a dab hand on the sewing machine). So I did, and below is the result!

32ct Summer Khaki Linen
I seemed to have a little 'thing' for snowmen last year as I have yet another Snowman finish below. I don't usually display stitched ornies on my tree (I have a special display tree for my ornies that is on my hearth) but when I put this on the tree over the festive season to take a photo it had to stay!

32ct Natural Linen with pearl lurex
I once again participated in the Stitched With Love Exchange Group. This time - Winter Wonderland. I received an amazing parcel from Sarah.


The ornie that Sarah stitched me is just lovely - I read on her blog that it is a Kel Smurthwaite. This is a new designer to me so I went searching and found some amazing freebies - you all know I love a freebie! The dangling charms on the ornie are so pretty and the fabric so sparkley under the Christmas tree lights. Sarah included some tiny charms in the package that I can't wait to use. The silks are a first for me so I'm going to save them for a special project. Thank you so much Sarah - you truly spoiled me!
My secret exchange partner was Ann (no blog). She wrote me a lovely email thanking me for the package. The stitched ornie I included is a design from Better Homes & Gardens Christmas 2002 magazine. I read that Ann has a grandson that she dotes on so I had to include an ornament with his name on! Ann wrote that her daughter loved the personalised ornie and took it home to put on their tree! I really loved putting the parcel together for Ann and am so pleased she liked it.
I have signed up to participate in BeckySC's BAP. I've decided to stitch 'Santa's List' by Country Arts and Crafts (pictured below). Hopefully this will give me the momentum to get this stitched before this Christmas - what are the odds do you think? This is 250 by 166 of solid stitching - yikes! Wish me luck!

Until next time,
Christina
Christina, talk about a BAP!! Go big or don't go at all--that should be your motto! LOL Seriously, it is a gorgeous project! I love all of your ornaments and goodies!
ReplyDeleteHappy new year to you & your family!
Wow, that is one big BAP! Gorgeous...you can do it! I am doing Fairy Moon as mine. I just need to start it. Love all your ornies and great exchange sent and received!
ReplyDeleteI love your ornaments, Christina!! And oh, my--what a huge project you're attempting! I can't even imagine all that solid stitching... Good luck to you and good luck with your plan to post more often :)
ReplyDeleteYour ornaments are gorgeous Christina. Good luck with your plan to post more often and your BAP looks great - can't wait to see your progress. Lovely exchange sent and received.
ReplyDeleteYour ornament finishes are lovely! Great gifts sent and received! I love your BAP - it is going to be stunning - good luck with it!
ReplyDeleteNow that is a BAP but what a lovely one!! Love your snowman ornaments and what nice gifts both sent and received.
ReplyDeleteYour snowman ornaments are wonderful, the finishing is so pretty.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you had some great exchange experiences! What wonderful things.
I like your BAP project.
Have a great weekend.
Your ornaments are gorgeous Christina!Love the exchange packages both sent & received!
ReplyDeleteI love your choice of BAP for BeckySC's challenge! I joined too and am hoping I finish my piece by the end of the year lol
Goodness, what an epic BAP!! I think if anyone could do it it will be you, Christina!
ReplyDeleteAlso, i do love those snowmen--darling work!
What lovely goodies, Christina! You have chosen a most beautiful large project!
ReplyDeleteBoth your ornaments are gorgeous Christina but of course I would like them as they're snowmen!
ReplyDeleteLovely exchanges.
I love what you've chosen for your BAP SAL.
What beautiful finishes Christina. Some divine goodies too x
ReplyDeleteI love your snowmen finishes, they are really cute.
ReplyDeleteOh my, what a project for the challenge. It biiiig but it looks gorgeous and I'm sure that you'll be able to finish it this year.