Here is a finish of a LHN ornie that I stitched early last year. I had a finish in mind and I must admit it's pretty close to what I had in my head!

Ornie #11 2010
40ct Natural Linen
I used 3865 instead of white for the snow and it hasn't shown up very well on the photo, but in reality the contrast is much better. I can't say that I enjoyed stitching this, probably because I chose to stitch it on 40ct. My favourite monthly ornie from LHN, by a long way, is still 'Peppermint Twist'. I look forward to seeing what Diane has 'up her sleeve' for this year.
I managed to start this year's BAP. It's so long since I stitched a large project and I'm losing patience with it already! I decided to complete the border first, but boy oh boy, it's a NIGHTMARE to stitch. It's SO 'stoppy-starty' (if you know what I mean?) - lots of half and quarter stitches. To make matters worse, the chart is so difficult to follow. It's tiny, in colour and in a large book. My dad tried scanning the chart for me but the colours have made the copy almost illegible. I lost my temper with it today and cut the 3 page chart out of the book. At least it's a bit easier to balance on my knee now!

2012's BAP

It's a quick post this evening as I have to be out by 7.45pm to attend the local play group's committee meeting. It's in our local pub so it shouldn't be too tedious!
Regards,
Christina
ooo i hope that you don't abandon your BAP, it's gonna be beautiful :-)
ReplyDeleteLovely ornament finish, they are all lovely, but my favourite is Red House in Winter.
Lovely ornament finish. I still have this one to stitch and most of 2011s. Great new start. I hope you carry on with it, as it will be gorgeous when it is finished.
ReplyDeletePerfectly lovely finish! Looks like a great start on your Santa. Boy, that's a big piece!!
ReplyDeleteLove your ornie finish! The two tone ribbon is perfect! Wow, that is one big BAP! Nice start! Ugh, I haven't even started mine. I don't think I'll have time til March! Can you imagine!? I'm going to go nuts til then! lol
ReplyDeleteYour ornie finish is gorgeous Christina , I just love the trim!
ReplyDeleteSorry your Santa has been such a pain hope it gets easier to stitch soon, hugs.
Wonderful finish, I love the ribbon you used. That holly border is lovely on the BAP :) are you counting the days to the concert?
ReplyDeleteThat is an adorable finish, Christina. I just ruched some gingham ribbon for my January ornament (almost finished even though it is now February) and I love the look...
ReplyDeleteThat is one huge project, but it will be one stunning finish :) Good luck!!
Your ornament finish is beautiful - congratulations! Good luck on your BAP, it is such a beautiful piece! I also hate charts that are only colour blocks - so frustrating to work with!
ReplyDeleteYour ornament came out gorgeous Christina! I can understand your frustration with the Santa project. Keep with it though!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great ornament finish, the ruched ribbon looks stunning! That is one BAP you've got going! It will be a beauty when it's done.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely ornament well done xx
ReplyDeleteI love your Christmas finish. My oh my when you choose a BAP you go for it! That is going to be one gorgeous piece of work when you finish.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE how you've finished All is Calm. It is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your BAP. It is going to be beautiful and you've made lovely progress.
Your ornament finish is so lovely.
ReplyDeleteI can understand you on the border stitching. In most cases it's quite simply boring but the effect is always gorgeous. I'm always glad when I'M done with it, so you are not alone, lol.
Okay, I was in the middle of typing and everythiing disappeared, so if you see a half comment--that's me! LOL I was saying that I love your finish--and how you finished it! Good going on the border--it might be fiddly but it is oh, so gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful job on your ornament! Love the finishing :o)
ReplyDeleteOh wow...you did pick a detailed pattern. I can't believe you tore it out of the book though! LOL!