Saturday, 26 November 2011

Let the Panic Commence...

Just over 4 weeks to Christmas...yikes! How did that happen? My plan to stitch one Christmas ornie every month kinda fell by the wayside around erm, February so once again I'm left with a gazillion ornies to stitch in a short space of time. I thought I'd join in on the fun over at BeckySC's Christmas Ornament Challlenge to give me a bit of momentum. Without further ado, here is what I've stitched so far...


Christmas Tree Freebie
by Alexandrina
32ct Natural Belfast Linen


This oval finish was a nightmare. Once I'd finished it my lovely (painfully honest) DH asked 'what happened to the tree?'. Yes, I know it's not central, but it's as central as it was going to get so I left it! I then stitched another - they're so quick, can be stitched in less than an hour - and finished it in a way I'm more comfortable with. With a beaded-edge pillow finish I can get that blooming tree 'slap bang' in the middle!


Christmas Tree Freebie
by Alexandrina
32ct Natural Belfast Linen with pearl lurex



Down the Chimney
by Cherrywood Designs
32ct Natural Permin Linen



Just a Little Flaky
by Val's Stuff
32ct Natural Belfast Linen with pearl lurex


This design is taken from this years JCS ornie issue. I omitted the icicles and text because I wanted to do a circular finish. I wish the sparkly fabric showed up a bit better in the photo!


Tis the Season
by JBW
32ct Raw Linen



Merry
by Miss Crescent's Crowne
WDW 30ct Scuppernong Gingham Linen

This ornie turned out a lot smaller than planned but I only had a teeny, tiny scrap of Scuppernong (I just love that word!) fabric.

And last but not least, my favourite finish...ever!! This particular ornie can't be included in the Christmas Ornament Challenge as I stitched it earlier in the year, but only just got around to finishing it.


Peppermint Twist
by LHN
32ct Natural Linen




As you can tell from the finishes that I've shared, I've fallen back in love with ruched ribbon. It still gets on my nerves when I'm doing it but I just love how it looks onces it's done. When I ruche my ribbon I don't like to scrimp and I end up using 4/5 metres per ornie. My LNS charges 40p per metre for organza ribbon so it ends up being quite an expensive finish! However, I've recently discovered a seller on ebay (I know, bay of evil, tut tut) that sells organza ribbon, in all manner of colours 99p for 22 metres! That's less than 5p a metre dontcha know?! Wow! I'll be putting ruched ribbon on EVERYTHING at that price! Being Northern I do love a bargain.



And finally I'll end my post with the last bit of Halloween stitching that I did. I loved the Halloween pin cushion that I stitched for Marjorie in the 'Fall into Halloween' exchange on the Stitched with Love Exchange blog. So much so I stitched it again using the relic fabric that Catherine sent me.


Halloween Pin Garden
by Raise the Roof Designs
36ct Relic Linen




Halloween Pin Garden
by Raise the Roof Designs
36ct Relic Linen


Berit had commented how much she liked the design, so with Catherine's permission I sent it to Berit in her birthday card a couple of weeks ago. I hope you received it ok Berit?!

Ok, I'll leave it there. I'm exhausted after all of the typing, uploading photos etc! I'll be back soon with more Christmas ornie finishes (hopefully).

Regards,

Christina

16 comments:

  1. You have been busy! I admired your ornies when you posted on the Challenge blog and enjoyed getting to see them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, Christina!! You have been busy! I love them all!! I don't think I could pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina: I love all your ornaments the ruching is one of my favorite finishes I have only done one trim in rusching but plan on doing more.
    I am tottally in love with the halloween ornament it is great.
    Catherine
    diamondc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Look at you go! They are all beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your ornaments are absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your collection of finished ornaments is so very lovely. What a wonderful sense of accomplishment that must have given you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Christina! You are on an ornament roll. Aren't husband's great, mine will point out if I am crooked too. He has also checked out the back of my friends stitching!!!
    All the finishing is beautiful. Your ruching is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey you have been busy - they are all lovely well done x

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your ornaments are gorgeous Christina! Please please tell who the Ebay seller is! Being a Northerner too I love a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, so many finished ornaments. I dearly loev ruched edges but have never managed to do one myself. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with Sally - who is the e-bay seller?? I have never tried ruching, but 99p for 22 metres it will be worth a try. I love all your ornaments, isn't it a wonderful feeling as the 'finished' pile grows? Love Irene xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, you have been busy!! Love all of your ornament finishes. I do love that little tree freebie so thanks for providing a link. Love the Halloween finish too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fantastic finishes!! Hey, why mess with what works--the ruched ribbon looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! I'm blown away by all your lovely ornament and green with envy that your tree will look so good this year ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - great ornament stitching and finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh! What an awesome post!! I THINK my favorite is the Val's Stuff ornie (Brilliant use of finishing on that one; I can never think what to do to really set off such ones which are smaller or not a square finish). But, of course your Peppermint Twist is a show-stealer!

    I DID receive your wonderful gift (what a thrill!), and it almost tempted me away from knitting, a birthday gift (for me!) WiP, and a veritable mount of finishing! Whew! I also emailed you (very belatedly) to let you know it arrived. Did you get my email?

    Hope all is well with you and that we can see more of your wonderful ornaments soon! (A selfish wish when I am not finishing and sharing my own! lol!)

    ReplyDelete