I thought I'd start this Halloween post with the rhyme that we used to say when my friends and I would go 'Halloween'ing many years ago! Does anybody else remember this rhyme? Do children still say it I wonder? All of the children who visited our house tonight shouted 'Trick or Treat'!
Anyway, on to some stitching...I was (once again) very keen to participate in the Fall into Halloween exchange over on the 'Stitched with Love' exchange group. My exchange partner, who it turns out was Lainey, sent me a truly amazing exchange. She stitched two (yes, two!) Halloween ornies that both have the cutest finish. They are a welcome addition to my Halloween display this year (which is a little depleted as I can't find the box containing my Halloween decorations...still unpacking boxes I'm afraid!) I cannot wait to use the tiny Halloween themed buttons that were included in the package. Iris and I used the cake moulds last week - I should have taken a photo of the finished cakes but they didn't last long enough! Thank you so much Lainey - you really did spoil me.

I stitched for Marjorie this round. I know from her blog that she's a huge Halloween fan so I worried about stitching something that she had already stitched for herself. In the previous exchange round Catherine sent me a lovely Halloween chart called 'Halloween Pin Garden' by Raise the Roof Designs. I was itching to stitch it so I went ahead and stitched this for Marjorie. I finished it as a pin cushion and stitched Marjorie's initials on the reverse.

by Raise the Roof Designs'
32ct Natural Linen

The extras that I included are pictured below. I've twice included the spooky Steweb scissors in an exchange (Hi Berit!) and never kept a pair for myself. I simply must put them on my Christmas list because I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I hope Marjorie hadn't already purchased the new BBD Halloween design. I also bought the chart for myself, but I'm not allowing myself to stitch it until I've stitched the other BBD Halloween chart 'Midnight Watch' that I have in my (ever increasing) stash. I included some spooky Halloween address labels in the package but I didn't photograph them as I assumed Marjorie wouldn't want her home address splashed across Blogland. I hope you liked everything that I sent Marjorie!

I'm very much looking forward to the Christmas exchange and I've started buying bits and bobs for my partner already!
My lovely blogging friend Catherine from Bramblewood Stitches very generously sent me her LHN 'Singing the Blues' chart after I drooled over her finish of it a couple of months back. I hope to get stitching this once all of my Christmas ornies are out of the way - it seems a long way off at the moment! Thank you so much Catherine, I'll take very good care of it i.e. not stuffing it to the bottom of my sewing bag, not holding it between my teeth, not using it as a tea coaster etc, etc! :0).

Ok, I'd better leave it there, I'm slowly working my way through Iris's ridiculously huge stash of Halloween sweeties as I write this post. I'd forgotten how more-ish skittles are! I was feeling a little guilty but I notice Tom has just helped himself to a mini mars bar!
Until next time,
Christina
Oh, wow--whatta post! All lovely, but my favorite is the pillow you made for Marjorie! :o I totally need to pick that one up!
ReplyDeleteAlso, YOU totally need to treat yourself to a pair of Stewebs, AND make up a small from that halloween book if you like! (Midnight Watch is wonderful, but a huge monster.)
We don't use that rhyme here, but it sounds familiar and cute! I lol'ed about the more-ish bit! Are skittles the same here as they are with you? Bright colours, tart-sweet brightly candy-covered chews?
Oh it looks like that was a fabulous exchange. Your Halloween Pin Garden is so pretty.
ReplyDeleteWow Christina! The exchange looks so great! Both packages look full of wonderful things!
ReplyDeleteI have never heard that Halloween rhyme before.
Happy Halloween!
Oh wow, so much fun stuff! Love the exchanges but I really love the pinpillow you made for Marjorie. Love it!
ReplyDeleteI'm familiar with that rhyme for Christmas not Halloween but it's a fun one!
I learned a new word. I never heard more-ish either. I think peanut m&ms are more-ish for me. It's a good theing I don't usually have them around!
Happy Halloween!
What a lovely exchange. The pin cushion is just lovely xx
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous exchange both sent and received.
ReplyDeleteI love the pincushion you stitched up for Marjorie! It is gorgeous. Lovely exchange from Lainey.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy stitching Singing the Blues. It is a lovely one to stitch.
What lovely exchange pieces! Here as children the rhyme was 'Christmas is coming and the geese are getting fat. Please put a penny in the old man's hat. If you haven't got a penny a ha'penny will do, if you haven't got a ha'penny God bless you.' Nowadays it's all just 'trick or treat'.
ReplyDeleteI, like others, have heard the Christmas version of that rhyme.
ReplyDeleteWhat great exchanges! I absolutely love how you finished that little Halloween pattern!! Gorgeous!!
Enjoy stitching Bluebird when you get to it and feel free to pass it on when you're finished!
I love how you finished the Halloween ornament in black and white! Very nice, Christina! Beautiful exchange and ornaments from Lainey as well. :)
ReplyDeleteOh, I love all the exchange pieces, the designs were chosen so thoughtfully and theyx were stitched and finished beautifully. Enjoy all the goodies that came with the exchnage.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment on my blog! Im the same,I decided very early on to give Aaron a bottle at night and its working so far! The breastfeeding is hard going and im not sure how it'll pan out when my hubby goes back to work this week and i have my toddler to deal with too but im persevering at the moment anyway!
ReplyDeleteLove all your halloween stitchy pictures!
What beautiful exchange pieces!! Everything is gorgeous--well done!
ReplyDeleteWonderful exchange goodies! I just love the Halloween Pin Garden you stitched. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of that rhyme before but it's very cute :o)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic exchange you participated in! I LOVE the pin pillow that you stitched. The edging is just gorgeous :o)