Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Summer Exchange Part Deux

After having so much fun participating in Lainey's Summer Picnic exchange I simply had to participate in the Summer Holiday exchange. Given that I'm trying to lose my baby curves at the moment, everything revolves around food for me, so why should my stitching be any different? I decided to go with a summer cherry theme (healthy, right?!) I went with a double sided pin cushion, both designs taken from CCN Cherry Hill. I love this design so included it in the package I sent to Lisa (no blog).






pin pillow with the additional goodies sent


Eagle-eyed readers will have spotted that I included a Christmas design in the package, not entirely appropriate for a summer exchange but Lisa had written that she enjoys stitching Christmas ornies & the Christmas chart I included was by CHERRYwood Designs! I heard from Lisa a few days ago and am pleased to report that she liked what I sent her. Apologies for the fuzzy photographs - I think a certain little lady has been putting her fingerprints on the lens of my camera!

The exchange I received was from Catherine over at Bramblewood Stitches. Just look how beautifully everything was wrapped...I was like a small child on Christmas morning!


How the package arrived...



...a few seconds later!


The pillow that Catherine stitched for me is a design I've admired for a long time. Jennifer from Confessions of a Serial Starter had this design as her blog header for a while and I was disappointed to learn that I couldn't get the chart as it was a BBD retreat special?? Anyway, I have the design now and it's beautiful. Catherine included lots of lovely goodies. The scissor fob is so pretty and my first EVER! Thank you so much Catherine, I love everything that you sent.



Family news is that it was Iris's first day at pre-school last week. As usual she took it all in her stride and seems to have settled in without any problems at all. Below is a photo of her just before we set off. She had been sat with her ruck sack on for an hour before asking 'Is it time to go yet Mammy?'! Will she be this enthusiastic when it's 'Big Girls' school next year I wonder?



Until next time,

Regards,

Christina

12 comments:

  1. Your goodies are fabulous. And Iris looks adorable. She's growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very successful exchange, Christina--beautiful gifts both given and received.

    Iris is so grown up--such a darling little girl! I love her flowered coat--hope she has a wonderful year at school :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely gifts both send and received.
    Your little pre schooler is adorable.
    Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome set of exchanges! Very clever of you to work a Christmas item into your exchange to suit your recipient's tastes! :D

    I know what you mean about that retreat BBD--how awesome that you now have it! Also, I love the Halloween pattern she sent.

    As for Iris, she is adorable! How is it that children can wear 5 different floral prints and be adorable, but if I did...hurmn....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty, pretty exchange. I, too, really liked the lighthouse design and was unable to get it. Enjoy your lovely new things. You did a wonderful job with your exchange too.
    Wow, Iris is off to school. How grown up she seems.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you liked all of your goodies! Lovely goodies you sent to Lisa as well.

    BBD released a book of some of their retreat/class patterns. I believe it was out last year. I'm not sure of the name off-hand, but it may be "A Stitcher's Journey".

    What a sweet little girl Iris is! I hope she has a wonderful year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Iris: Congratulations on school. You look so cute in your little outfit.
    Christina your goodies sent to Lisa are wonderful and a Kath Kidson oh my.
    Your goodies from catherine are wonderful I follow her blog and love to see what see is doing.

    I hope all is well with you.
    Catherine
    diamondc

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great exchanges! Yes, Catherine is right. They released the pattern for all to enjoy! It's on my to stitch list along with 50 million other projects. lol

    Iris looks so cute ready for school!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous exchanges sent and received. Your daughter looks adorable. Hope she enjoys pre-school.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both exchanges are gorgeous Christina. As others have said the BBD pattern is now available in book called A Stitcher's Journey and it has lots of their retreat pieces in it and is well worth buying!

    Iris is so cute! I hope she enjoys pre-school.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely goodies both sent and received. Great pic of Iris. She looks so excited and so grown-up! Hope she is enjoying every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful exchange pieces! Iris is adorable--I hope she is enjoying preschool!

    ReplyDelete