31st March
6lb 5oz
What a week! Our gorgeous son took us by surprise, arriving 4 days early. After a marathon 31 hour labour with Iris I was determined to labour for as long as possible at home. After 4 hours of contracting I'd had enough 'was it really THIS painful last time???' so DH rang the hospital to ask their advice. The midwife chatted to me and said I seemed very lucid which probably meant I wasn't in established labour (oh boy...) so could I hang on one more hour at home before coming in to be checked. I waited half an hour...
To cut a long story short, I probably shouldn't have even waited that half hour as ten minutes into the car journey I uttered a sentence to my husband that I'm sure he'll never forget...'I can feel the baby's head'!!! Five minutes later, in the front seat of our car, our son was born! The paramedics arrived a short while later, but I'd done all of the work for them, they just had to cut the cord!
Isaac is just gorgeous. I now know why mothers are so protective of their boys. Iris adores him and kisses him hundreds of times a day.
Stitching is on hold for a while, but as soon as Isaac gets a routine established the needle will be smoking once more!
Regards,
Christina
Oh Christina he is GORGEOUS!!! Congratulations!!! Wow!! I can't believe you delivered him in the car!!! What a story you will always have to tell :)
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you!
Give a hug to your little bundle of joy for me :)
{{{{{HUGS}}}}
Yay! Congratulations! I am so happy he arrived healthy and with no complications. I can't believe you delivered in the car though! What a story! He is so cute! Welcome Issac!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, he's absolutely beautiful! (Love his name...our youngest is an Isaac too.)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! What an exciting story to tell of his delivery. I had a friend who delivered in the hospital carpark in the back seat of her car, her girl just couldn't wait those extra fews minutes for her to get into the delivery ward.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the world Isaac.
LISA V
Wow! What a delivery!!! Congratulations on the beautiful little boy!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations !!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a birth story! Congratulations! He is such a cute little peanut. :) Yes, boys are wonderful!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! He is so very precious! I've returned home from being with my grandson and brand new granddaughter. I miss them so much!! How wonderful you have a daughter and a son!!
ReplyDeleteVery many congratulations on the birth of your son. He is gorgeous. What a story you will have to tell him when he is older.
ReplyDeleteWell, that's a story to trot out to all his new girlfriends! ;) Congratulations, he's adorable :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness!!!! What a gorgeous baby boy--congratulations! I can't believe how he arrived--what a shock! Has your DH recovered yet?! LOL I'm so glad that everything went well and hope everybody adjusts well, that you're healing well, etc. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations - what a beautiful baby boy! Hope you are both doing well. What an arrival :)
ReplyDeleteOh wow Christina! Congratulations on the safe arrival of your beautiful baby boy {{{{hugs}}}}
ReplyDeleteChristina, Isaac is a beautiful baby boy. Congrats to you & your family. That's One car ride that you & DH will Never forget!
ReplyDeleteSuch stories to tell Isaac's friends & future girlfriends. LOL
Many {{{Hugs}}}
Colleen
Wow! Christina! He is so beautiful. I am so glad that everything went well. I have been thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteWhat an arrival!! I think he will be one to keep you on your toes! He is absolutely beautiful! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations he is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Catherine
Congratulations! He is absolutely beautiful! I love his name! He was in a hurry to get in to this world, that's for sure.
ReplyDeleteOh, what a tale, Christina!! I can't even imagine giving birth in the front seat... I'm so glad your little son is here and so, so healthy and handsome. Wishing you all the best :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful news Christina, baby Isaac is just adorable! Congratulations to you,your DH and big sister Iris. Take care, hugs!
ReplyDeleteThat's an exciting delivery ;-). He's just beautiful, huge congrats. Glad you are settling in and enjoying each other!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh Congratulations! What a journey Isaac had into this big beautiful world. I wish you love and joy!
ReplyDeletecongratulations on the arrival of your beautiful son, Isaac is so cute, thanks for sharing your precious bundle of joy
ReplyDeleteCongratulations - What an arrival!! Your little man is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteHe's beautiful! And what a story he'll have to tell!
ReplyDeleteOh he is adorable - congratulations to you all xx
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness Christina!! Congratulations on the safe arrival of Isaac! What a exciting arrival! I'm guessing that midwife had a shock when she heard you'd given birth before reaching the hospital. I hope all is going well. What a lovely picture of him!
ReplyDeleteI want to say about 100 things but I'll never have time to do it; neither will I recall them all!
ReplyDeletei am SO excited for you and your family! Congratulations! :D
I can't remember whether you were letting it be a surprise or not on the boy/girl issue--either way how fabulous! I love his name, too.
I cannot believe you delivered him yourself in that way--good thing he wasn't your first child! Never doubt yourself again--if you did this, you can do anything! Whew!
:D :D :D
Congratulations on the birth of Isaac! He looks adorable.
ReplyDeleteOh! He is amazing. Well done, especially in the circumstances. Just think, he is here now and will be with you for the whole of your life. What an adventure you are embarking on together. Congratulations to you and your whole family. Irene xxx
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the arrival of your handsome little man! Little boys are lovers and I do wish the best for you and your family. Stitching and sweeping can wait while you cherish the precious minutes with you family. And such an exciting arrival!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!!!
ReplyDeleteOMG! Are you serious? I would have been SO scared! I'm glad all went well and everyone is healthy :o)