Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Time Flies When One is Sleep Deprived!

Wow, where did those weeks go?! My new arrival is now 7 weeks old and growing fast as you can see from the photograph below. Thank you so much for all of the well wishes on my last post, I enjoyed reading each and every one of them. Isaac is such a lovely baby. He sleeps for much of the day/night but still feeds every 2/3 hours. He was a small baby so I guess that's to be expected for a while yet but 3am is one lonely hour!



I'm managing to grab a few minutes here and there to catch up with my stitching. I finished the baby boy record that I was working on just before I went into labour, for Isaac. I'm waiting until he has his own nursery before I decide how to frame it.


'Sweet Baby Birth Record' by Dimensions
32ct ivory linen


My sister-in-law was due her baby the week after me but had to wait until the 15th of April before the baby made an appearance. She had a little girl named Milly Edith. She's absolutely gorgeous! She doesn't look like Isaac at all, she's huge in comparison with a mop of jet black hair. Poor Isaac will have hair envy! My sister-in-law is mad about bunnies so I adapted the Trilogy's 'Happy Bunny Bunny Day' and made a birth sampler. Coincidentally 2011 is also the year of the rabbit. I stitched Milly's initials in a contrasting colour so that they would stand out. I'm really pleased with how it turned out and the framing, despite being very cheap, looks great!


'Happy Bunny Bunny Day' by The Trilogy
32ct summer khaki linen




The charms that I'd ordered for 'Charming Santa' arrived the day that I went into labour, so unfortunately they sat in my sewing bag for over a month! As you can see from the photograph, there's a charm missing from top right of the gold strand of beads that Santa is holding. I thought a little gold 'made with love' charm would look really cute here, but I can't for the life of me find them anywhere! My sewing bag is a bottomless pit at the moment that is long overdue for a good sort out.


'Charming Santa'
Better Homes & Gardens Christmas 2002'
32ct Natural Belfast Linen




I'm still on track with my ornies for Christmas. This past couple of weeks I've finished two LHN ornaments from the 2010 series. I so enjoy stitching these although there are charts from the 2010 series that I've yet to buy. Have you seen the latest 2011 May ornie 'Gingerbread Village'? It's a 'must have' for me.



Peppermint Twist by LHN
32ct Natural Belfast Linen



Under the Tree by LHN
32ct Natural Belfast Linen


The other news from me (and I can't believe I haven't mentioned it before now!) is that we're moving north! In fact, we already have to all intents and purposes. My DH came home from work one day when I was 7 months pregnant and told me he'd applied for a job in Leeds. I kind of put it to the back of my mind, not expecting that anything would come of it, but lo and behold he got the job! So, 8 weeks before Isaac arrived we had to finish refurbishing our home and get our affairs in order for the big move! I've always wanted to move back north and in the back of my mind I knew we would one day, but not this soon! And not when heavily pregnant! Luckily we finished the house seconds before the valuer came round (with lots of help from my parents) and it sold 3 days after going on the market, for asking price and to cash buyers. We are now living with my parents whilst we search for a house. We're hoping to move to a lovely market town in North Yorkshire, but it seems lots of other people do too as we keep on getting pipped at the post with houses we like. We put an offer in on a house yesterday and the agent rang to let us know 3 other couples had put offers in too! I'm sure the perfect house will come up soon. The link below is to my lovely home on Right Move. If only we could have picked the house up and moved it North with us.

Ok, better leave it there, hopefully I'll be able to post again very soon!

Regards,

Christina

11 comments:

  1. Oh, Isaac is just precious--how I miss holding tiny babies. Guess it's time for grandmotherhood :)

    You sure have stitched a lot of beautiful pieces even while caring for a newborn. It's so nice that you're moving back north, too. Best of luck in finding the perfect house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he is adorable - where does time go. Enjoy every moment. Your stitching is lovely.
    I hope you find the house you want soon.
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isaac is so cute! Looks like you've been busy even with the 3am feedings. Love the ornies, esp how you did the date on the peppermint one. So cute with the gift! The birth announcements are darling.

    Congratulations on the move! I hope that you can find a new house soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Goodness! Your house is just gorgeous--how could you bear to leave it?! :D

    But, it sounds like a move north will be good for you even if the timing is a bit crazy.

    Isaac is adorable--and hopefully he'll let you be asleep at 3 am soon! :D

    Loving both of those baby samplers; can't believe the one for SIL was cheap to frame--looks great!

    Charming santa does look good with all his, umn, charm. ;) I'm sure you'll find the made with love tag when you're a bit more settled.

    On track with Christmas ornaments? I need to take a page out of your book and do the finishing for last years and (decide) and stitch this year's! If only I didn't have about 10 I want to do! :D lol!

    So good to hear what's been going on; I've thought of you a couple of times in the past few weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie Isaac is!!! Love all your stitches - I'm impressed that you are getting some done with the new guy in the house. Good luck with your house hunting. I know it can be exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, Isaac is precious. How is Iris, the big sister? You have managed to do a lot of stitching since Isaac was born, I'm impressed too. I love your house you moved from. Hope the perfect house comes along soon, good luck. I'm so happy to see you back stitching & blogging.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christina: He is so handsom how lucky you are to have such a beautiful bundle of joy, I hope Iris is excited about her new brother, he is adorable.
    I love the little sampler you did for his room, very nice colors, the Bunny is also a very sweet piece, Im loving the santa I like bead work and try to use beads as often as possible.
    I hope you catch up on your sleep and rest.
    Blessings
    catherine
    diamondc

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a handsome little fella!!!
    You have done an amazing amount of stitching for having a 7 week old child.
    I love your Santa. Those charms just finish him off beautifully.
    I hope you find the perfect home for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isaac is so sweet! I can't believe that 7 weeks have gone already!

    Lovely stitching. I'm glad to see you're getting some me time:)

    I hope you find a home as lovely as the one you have left x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, your son is adorable! Congratulations on your new niece, too. I love their birth samplers. Lovely stitching!

    Congratulations on the sale of your house--that was quick! Best of luck in finding your new house--I'm sure the perfect one will be there when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet! LOL! What a cutie :o)

    Love both birth samplers. Very neat ideas.

    Congrats on your ornie finishes. Gee, you've done more stitching than I have and I don't have a new baby! LOL!

    Wishing you all the best on your move.

    ReplyDelete