Saturday, 18 December 2010

All finished...with time to spare!!

A couple of weeks ago, when I realised that it was only a month to Christmas and I hadn't started to stitch ANY of my Christmas ornie gifts, I had a bit of a panic. So my needle went into overdrive and 14 days later I'm done...phew! I must admit, a couple of them I don't want to give away and a couple I'm not too keen on, but hey, I've no plan B for alternative Christmas presents, so they'll all have to go to their intended recipient. Below is the fruit of my (hard!) labour. I've placed them in order of personal preference. Unfortunately, I didn't get photos of 2 other ornies that I finished. I wrapped them up yesterday and sent them on their journey, without getting out my camera...oops. I'll just have to re-stitch them next year! My regular followers will notice from the first pic that I've gone back on my vow to 'never ruche ribbon again as long as I live'. I decided to give it another go and luckily it was relatively incident free (apart from a knot or two). And it must be my favourite finish as I've placed this ornie at the top of my preference list!


'Santa' by Knotted Tree Art
JCS 2007 Christmas Ornament Issue



'Winter Sampler' by LHN
JCS 2009 Christmas Ornament Issue



'Quiet Night' by Erica Michaels
JCS 2007 Christmas Ornament Issue



'Fill with Love' by Designs by Cathy Jean
JCS 2007 Christmas Ornament Issue



'Tis Green' by La-D-Da
JCS 2010 Christmas Ornament Preview



'Rudy' by Glory Bee
JCS 2007 Christmas Ornament Issue



'Christmas Tree 2007' by Jeanette Douglas
JCS 2007 Christmas Ornament Issue



'Be Merry' by Val's Stuff
JCS 2007 Christmas Ornament Issue



'2008 Ball ornament' by Jeanette Douglas Designs
JCS 2008 Christmas Ornament Issue


I enjoyed stitching these ornies very much, I only wish I'd started a touch sooner. I think I'll be re-stitching many of them for myself next year. But of course by then there will be ANOTHER JCS Ornament issue...oh dear.

My Blackbird Designs exchange eventually reached it's destination, Holland to be exact. I had Conny's name this round. I stitched BBD's 'Autumn Stars' taken from JCS 2009 Halloween issue and a tiny scissor fob using a strawberry from 'Strawberry Garden' Loose Feathers #18. Conny wrote that she loved them so that pleased me immensely given that her finishes are of a very high standard!







I'll finish with some photos of my daughter taken last month. My friend's sister-in-law is a professional photographer so we booked a session with her to get some good shots to give out for Christmas. When we received the proofs I burst into tears, they capture Iris's personality beautifully. We struggled to decide which photographs to buy, they are all so wonderful! The following are taken from the photographer's website as we haven't received the photos we decided on yet, but as we're spending a small fortune I'm sure she won't mind that I've 'borrowed' the photos to display on my blog.







I hope to squeeze in another post before Christmas. We travel up to my parents on Thursday, I'm SO looking forward to it, but heavy snow is forecast for the rest of the week so fingers crossed we manage to get there ok.

Regards,

Christina

18 comments:

  1. Sweet pictures of your daughter :-). That's a lot of ornaments and they are beautifully finished. I love your tree too!!! I think I've said that before, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous ornaments, Christina, I really can't pick a favourite! I'm sure all the recipients will be thrilled :) The pictures of your daughter are lovely too. Travel safely - it hasn't stopped snowing all day here today :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your ornaments are gorgeous. I don't think I could pick a favourite. I am sure all the receipents will be thrilled with them. The pictures of your daughter are stunning. Hope you have a great christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness Christina! You've been BUSY! I'm glad you decided to rouche ribbon again. It looks great! Just love the picture of Iris jumping in the puddle! That would make a great entry for a picture contest! Have a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos of your daughter:-) she is beautiful.

    Your sure have been busy with all those finishes, they are all lovely and congratulations for getting them all finished off so quickly!

    Have a great Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christina,
    All the ornaments are fabulous, you have finished so many.
    Your little girl has beautiful eyes :)

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, your stitching is gorgeous(and fast)and your finishing is perfect.

    Your little girl is beautiful, I can see why you are thrilled with the photos. Bet she's very excited about Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little girls photos are beautiful Christina.
    Wow you have been busy, your friends are going to be thrilled with those gorgeous Ornies.
    Have a safe trip and a wonderful Christmas. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW amazing ornie finishes, I cant believe that you stitched and finished that many. They are all soo lovely.
    I also love the photos of Iris.
    Hugs
    LISA V

    ReplyDelete
  10. Each and everyone is gorgeous, Christina! I am bound and determined to try the ruched ribbon edging next year--it really does look elegant.

    Your daughter is just precious--love the photo of her jumping in the puddle.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family--it's always a lovely day with little children around...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, so many fantastic ornies! I can't believe you got them stitched AND finished so fast! They are all lovely. Terrific photos of Iris...I especially like the one of her jumping in the puddle!

    Merry Christmas and safe journey to your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are all gorgeous and like you, I love the one with the ruched ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhhh, so many really beautiful ornaments. And all of them finished very creatively. That's what I dream of every year - to have a whole basket full of ornaments to give as gifts, but so far it has never happened, lol.
    You have such a lovely little daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on all your gorgeous ornament finishes! And those pictures of your daughter are so wonderful! What a sweetie she is!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful finishes!

    The pics of your daughter are fantastic! She is precious! I love the one in the puddle!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your finishes are fantastic Christina! Love them all.

    The photos of your daughter are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Christina: Merry Christmas to you and your family, I love all your ornaments, I really like how you finished the Erica Michaels Quiet Night, your is so lovely, I love all your ornaments, very nice finishes, the metal tree is a great way to display them.
    Merry Christmas Iris.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely ornaments! And lovelier big blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete