by Prairie Schooler
32ct Natural Linen
The next finish was for BeckySC's Pumpkin Challenge. It's a freebie design and I'm embarrassed to say I don't know the source - oops! I changed it slightly by adding a spider dangling from the hat. I'm very pleased with the finish, alternating blue and green beads is a great look IMHO, albeit very time consuming. The hat I stitched on the back side is from 'Sew Spooky' by istitch. I purchased the pattern a few weeks ago but never got around to stitch the whole chart. Next year maybe...
32ct Natural Linen
I'm excited to be participating in the Autumn round over on the Seasonal Exchange Blog. LisaV was my recipient. I was in two minds what to stitch for her but finally decided on 'Pumpkin Alphabet' by JBW Designs. Then I had the 'great' idea to ruche around the circular edge...things were going really well until the thread snapped...twice. Oh boy, I certainly had a few more grey hairs once I'd finished! I didn't want to let this one go once I'd finished, I really loved it, but send it I did and it took FOREVER to get there! But luckily, on Friday, Lisa let me know it had arrived, taking over 2 weeks to travel the 9000 miles. Actually, it doesn't sound too long when you put it like that! I'm pleased that you like it Lisa, I think I'll be stitching this one again for me, albeit with a different finish!
JBW Design
32ct Natural Linen
Connie got my name in the exchange and below is what she sent to me. Isn't it an unusual finish? It's from a design called 'State Fair' by LHN, stitched on Zweigart Vintage linen. I really am going to have to get a bit more creative with my finishes, I feel I'm stuck in a rut, churning out the same old finishes time after time. Thanks Connie, it has taken pride of place on my autumn/Halloween display.
And finally, the lovely Berit celebrated her birthday on Friday. A couple of months back, Berit loaned me her copy of 'When Witches go Riding' by Prairie Schooler. I'd avidly followed her progress on the design and was in awe of how amazing it looked once finished. At one stage Berit had stitched a checkerboard effect in the moon and asked her followers if she should continue with the effect or fill it in with the same honeysuckle colour. I was firmly in the 'checkerboard' camp, but Berit decided to fill it with the same colour, declaring that she'd like to try out the checkerboard effect on a small finish at some stage in the future. SO, I decided to do it for her, stitching her a tiny pin cushion! I'm thrilled with how it turned out.
32ct Natural Linen
I hope you had a lovely birthday Berit!
I'd better leave it there, I've just received a text from a good friend to let me know she had a little girl this morning, no name as yet. The labour was so quick she had no time for pain relief - ouch! I don't think I'll be going down that route, I was in labour with Iris for 31 hours! Even if this next labour is only half as long, I've got 16 hours to look forward to! Anyway, I'd better get stitching a gift. I was totally convinced she was having a boy (she already has a little boy called Alfie) so I'd better pull out some pink threads instead of the cool blues I was thinking of!
Regards,
Christina
Now you see, I would *much* rather ruche ribbon than do a beaded edge - that is my absolute least favourite type of finishing ;)
ReplyDeleteAll your ornaments, gifts/exchanges received and sent are lovely - I love the way the checkerboard moon turned out and I bet Berit loves it too!
What darling Halloween finishes, Christina! I especially love how you stitch a little motif on the back of them--that makes them even more special. I love the checkerboard moon on the final one--have to keep that in mind when I stitch mine :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to your friend on her new little daughter! Hopefully, your next labor will be very, very easy...
Everything is gorgeous and it's nice to mix up the edges :-).
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your friend on her new baby girl!
More beautiful finishes Christina. You have been busy!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely group of finishes! I love the checkerboard moon!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your friend on her new arrival!
I love all your finishes! They all turned out so cute, congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteChristina: Your finishes are so wnoderful, I wish I had finished more for halloween, well there is next year, I hope you are doing well, Alfie is such an adorable name congratulations to your friend and new baby. peace to you and Iris.
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Catherine
Great finishes and exchanges Christina! I love the checkerboard moon too, looks great! Have fun stitching a piece for your friend's new baby girl, and congratulations to them too!
ReplyDeleteWow, Christina, it seems like you've been very busy! Love all your little finishes. They are so cute! I'm sure Berit loved her pincushion. Congrats to your friend on the arrival of her little girl!
ReplyDeleteYour finishing is always so lovely! LOVE the ruching! It is a bit of a pain though... Wouldn't that be great to have such a fast labor?! I have a couple friends like that who feel like 10 contractions and have the baby in 15 minutes. Not my experience! ha! It's nice to have some pain relief when you really need it. :) Congrats to your friend!
ReplyDeleteI love what you made for me Christina. I shall treasure it. As for your other finishes, they are all wonderful too. I agree with the rouching though, I think I would rather use beads.
ReplyDeleteHugs
LISA V
All your finishes are wonderful Christina!!! Love what you sent Lisa in the exchange! Love the checkered moon in the one you sent Berit as well!!
ReplyDeleteI sent you an email a couple of weeks ago about the crushed walnut shells but never heard from you. Perhaps you didn't get it? Email me when you have a chance.
siouxsie40@gmail.com
Your finishing is awesome! Look at all those lovely ornaments! Even if you are sick of ruching, you still do a fantastic job :o)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to your friend!
Beautiful finishes AND finishing! I think you do a great job with the finishing, ruching or not.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your friend on the new baby! :)
Gorgeous stitching and finishing Christina! Love what you received from Connie.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to your friend. I was one of the lucky ones who had quick labours. My fisrt one was over in no time and was so quick they made sure it was in my notes with my second pregnancy! Luckily I was already in hospital both times or I fear I might not have made it!
I love everything in this post...especially that last ornament. ;D (Did you get my email about it? I hope so because I'll feel terrible if you hadn't yet heard how much I'm in love with it! :D
ReplyDeleteAlso, the pumpkin sampler with the ruching is a real standout. :D I do love your work Christina and you are just so fast! :o
Your finishes are just beautiful Christina! I love the ruched ribbon edging, I;ve had a few attempts but I just can;t do it.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your friend on her new baby daughter. Hope you are keeping well. Hugs.