Well, I think I've died and gone to Blackbird heaven! Take a look at the stash I received this week...oh my goodness me, I almost overheated when the post arrived! Carol over at Just a Virginia Girl was having a de-clutter so I jumped at the chance to buy her stash of Loose Feathers! The stash comprises...
Beneath the Sunlit Sky
Keepsake Box and Pinkeep
Blessings and Kind Wishes
Peace on Earth
Bluebird's Message
Autumn Song
Awake the Dawning Day
Their Song
Secret Garden
Strawberry Garden
Beyond My Heart
Rites of Spring
I just don't know what to tackle first. I was flicking through them (for the 50th time) this afternoon and 'Strawberry Garden' caught my eye. I've longed to stitch 'Awake the Dawning Day' for AGES now, but I'm almost too scared to stitch it in case I'm disappointed...weird?
I'm participating in a Blackbird Design exchange over at the Blackbird Exchange Group. I WAS pleased with the design I've stitched but now I wish I could stitch something from my new stash for my exchange partner! Ah well, I guess I could get started on next round.
I'd better leave it there, it's been a busy day. DD has decided today that she is now ready for potty training. We've been skirting around the subject for weeks now - it doesn't help when my mam tells me my sister and I were potty trained at 18 months - but today Iris got her potty and sat down and did a wee wee! (I'm sorry for the potty talk, but it's all I seem to talk about these days!) She then continued to do this for the rest of the day. Isn't it funny how a child's mind works? I'm so pleased I could burst into tears! Any potty training tips would be gratefully received.
Regards,
Christina
Stunning! What good news you have on both counts! I wouldn't know what to stitch first, either, and I also know what you mean about being apprehensive about the "disappointment". I'd probably stitch another first, and then do the one you've been eyeing for so long.
ReplyDeleteAs for me, I've been so looking towards BBD's Mystery Sampler for the last couple of months, but so far haven't collected even a single chart, lol! :D I still don't even know the colours, either!
Sorry no advice available from this quarter about the PT; don't worry about pressure for the 18 months--Tanya of Sampler Girl is at it again with her Zach, who is 3.5 yrs. She remarked in her blog that when they tried at three it just didn't work, so she decided to try at 3.5. I'm not specialist, but I think it's a bit like walking, talking, and reading. A check-out for hearing and etc can be important, but barring a problem with that all will be well. :D
Wow, BBD heaven indeed! How fantastic! There are so many BBD's I want to start too...it's hard to decide!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the potty training!
I am so jealous of all your new BBD's!!! LOL What a GREAT collection you have there! I wouldn't know which to start first either. Enjoy them all!
ReplyDeleteAs for PT I have had to do it twice. Once with my DD and once with my DS. What I learned is they will do it when THEY are ready. No matter what you do. Sounds like your DD is ready being she took the initiave. My DS was that way and he was about 3.5. Keep praising her and making a big deal out of it. If you haven't already gotten big girl panties let her pick out ones she wants. Reward her. Sounds like your off to a great start! Keep up the good work Mom :)
Wow! Great stash!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the potty training
What a great stash collection! should keep you busy for a while;-)
ReplyDeleteSound like you got off to a good start with the potty training! I have 3 girls (all grown up now) The middle one and the youngest one got the hang of using the potty right away and were happy to be in 'big girl pants' without too much trouble, my eldest daughter would hold on to her wee for ever and was frighted to let go as it were! she got the hang of it eventually, thought it was hard work. My advice would be don't push it, leave the potty where it can easily be found, and expect little accidents, they are still babies after all.
Good luck :-)
Wow what a lucky girl you are all those charts look amazing, can you tell I am green with envy..lol.
ReplyDeleteSounds like your DD is ready for potty training. Like others have said lots of praising, little rewards and be patient. All children are different some pick it up really quick, have very few accidents others can take a long time. Good luck!
Wow! What a great haul! Enjoy them. I look through my BBD patterns over and over and over. Maybe some day I'll get them all stitched :)
ReplyDeleteI have three boys and they were all between 3-4 when they finally got the potty down. Now they have a different problem - remembering to flush! It sounds like she's off to a great start!
What a fab stash haul! I am turning green :-)
ReplyDeleteWell done Iris. using your potty. It sounds as if she is well and truly ready. Lots of praise worked with my two. Also remember to ask if she needs to go before you go out and always take spare clothes with you :-)
I remember once standing in a very long queue in WHSmiths when Caitlin announced in a wonderfully loud and clear voice 'Mummy, I'm going a wee in my big girl pants'
Oh the joys!
Don't stress about the 18 months (that's young!) Caitlin was 2 1/2 and Cameron was a month or two more. She will get it in her own time :-)
Oh my goodness can I move in next door to you and use some of your patterns, you are so positively lucky what a great stash.
ReplyDeletePotty training mmm I never had the chance God had other plans for Michael and I.
Wee wee is a sweet word I at 59 still say wee wee. LOL. I too belong to the Blackbird exchange hope to exchange with you someday. Sadies comment cracks me up what a hoot.
Catherine
Wow! Congrats on all your fabulous BBD charts...I'm sure you'll have fun choosing a project!
ReplyDeleteMy daughter was around 2ish when she potty trained. My boys were 3. Every child has a different time table but new big-kid undies were always a great hit ;)
Just looking at all your new stash is great fun. Thanks for posting it for us to see.
ReplyDeleteAs for potty training, my younger stepson was well over 3 by the time he was completely using the potty on his own. My daughter, however, decided when she turned 2 that she was a 'big girl' and refused to wear a diaper anymore. They all come to it in their own time and I think it's best to remind them about using the potty if you see signs that they have to go, but don't make a big deal about it if they don't.
Wow what a fantastic stash haul!! I wouldn't know which one to start first either!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the potty training.
I'm so glad you love the charts and that they arrived safely. It became apparent to me that I was never going to stitch them so I'm so happy they have new, good home.
ReplyDeleteOh my!!! What a wonderful group of BBD charts to add to your stash! I totally understand not knowing which one to start first!
ReplyDeleteAs for the PT, my three all were different ages and none near 18 months! Also remember, when you would have been young PT was done a lot earlier because there was no such thing as disposables and our mothers were all very keen to be done with washing nappies as soon as possible!
That's an amazing collection of BB designs. Congratulations for the new additions to your stash :)
ReplyDelete