Thursday, 17 June 2010

My Summer Exchange Arrived Safely!

Now that Berit has received the Summer Exchange I sent her, I can post some photos! I'm so pleased that she likes what I sent...I was nervous about this one folks!
I originally wanted to do a cupcake themed exchange - so I ploughed ahead and stitched a pin cushion and a scissors fob using a pattern from The Historical Sampler Company .





The Historical Sampler Company 'Cupcakes'
28 Ct Buttermilk Jobelan



Cupcake Freebie
28 Ct Buttermilk Jobelan


I was really pleased with the result, but wondered how reflective they were of MY experience of summer??? So I started stitching something that more reflects my summers in the north of England!


Prairie Schooler 'Rain Rain'
32 Ct Summer Khaki Belfast Linen


Much better! I also stitched a scissor fob using a free Prairie Schooler pattern that I received when I purchased 'Rain Rain'. I personalised it using both our initials.




Here's the exchange in it's entirety. Apologies for the poor quality of the photograph, the sun insisted on going behind a cloud every time I got my camera out of it's case!



The scissors are Kelmscott 'Steweb' from Berit's wish list. They are so adorable, I wanted to keep them for myself!!

I SO enjoyed stitching this exchange. I was very worried as Berit's finishes are pure perfection -so I wanted to stitch something that she would love and be worthy of displaying in her lovely home. Thank you Berit for the wonderful email that you sent and the kind words you posted on the Holiday Exchange Blog. As I said, I enjoyed every minute of putting this exchange together!

Regards,

Christina

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE all of this Christina!! I seen it on the Holiday blog. I know that Berit just adores it all and will have lots of fun for years to come! Great job!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DO adore it, lol! And your photos are SO much better than mine, Christina! I'll have to make note of the designer for the cupcakes, and I'm always curious about fabric choices; we don't really have an LNS around here so I sort of lack exposure to a variety of linen! :D

    As for the Steweb, I really don't know how you managed to send them out to me--I don't think I'd have had the strength of character. :P

    Do you like to decorate for Hallowe'en? If so (or even if not!) you should treat yourself this year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Beautiful exchange! I really love the Rain, Rain Go Away pinkeep...one of my fave designs. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog this morning. I'm so glad to find you! Your stitching and finishing are so lovely! I look forward to seeing much more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...This exchange is really great! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found your amazing blog while visiting Berit's blog (Along the Paths of Pins & Needles)!
    Your work is absolutely beautiful!! Your exchange is beyond amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely exchange you sent off to Berit. Congratulations for having the talent to share with others.
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know Berit is thrilled. Your stitching and finishing is just exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog after seeing all the great goodies you sent to Berit! Everything is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous exchange!!!! I love it when a fellow stitcher spoils another stitcher with gifts.

    We stitchers always seem to stitch for everyone else so when we receive stitched goodies we can really appreciate them.

    I'm a brand new follower of your blog and I love seeing all of your amazing stitching.

    hugs
    -missy-
    http://eatstitchlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found you over on Berit's blog. What a lovely exchange! Your stitching and finishing are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete