Sunday, 18 April 2010

New Shoes!

New shoes for DD this weekend. Don't you just love a new pair of shoes? I remember new shoes on the first day of Autumn term - reluctant to wear them incase the 'newness' wore off! You can't beat Clarks shoes for children, although I wish they were a little cheaper...


She's a size 5 now, where has my little baby girl gone?


Stitching news this week is another Christmas ornament from JCS (I'm definitely getting my moneys worth from the JCS Christmas Ornament Magazines!) It was an easy, enjoyable stitch although it included Lazy Daisy stitch which I don't really like to do as they never turn out right for me. I don't think they add anything to this piece either. I changed the fabric and DMC colours, using just 3371, 816 & 520. I finished the back using a plain red cotton fabric that matched 816 pretty well. This ornament is perhaps more traditional than I'd normally go for so it will probably end up as a Christmas gift.


'Oh Christmas Tree' by Loupylou Designs
JCS Christmas Ornaments 2009
32 count Natural linen


I'll finish by wishing my DH a Happy Birthday - he turns the big 3-0 today! Oh I wish I were still 30, the years are going far too fast for my liking! Here are DH and DD yesterday enjoying a walk through Savill Garden.



Have a great week, hope the weather is as good for you as it is here!
Regards,
Christina

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christina! Glad to hear you would like to do a private exchange with me. Can you please email me at itsjustapril@gmail.com so we can work out the details. Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

    April:)
    p.s. your daughter is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete