Friday, 3 February 2017

A Little Snow

I'm afraid my title describes my latest finish rather than the weather! We have only had a few flakes so far this year. My children are so disappointed...they're desperate to build a snowman. ☃
I have wanted to stitch this Lizzie Kate design for years. I love the amber linen - I've never stitched on this colour before. Unfortunately it hasn't photographed well here. I want to finish it as a little hanging ornament, but I don't have enough amber fabric left and every online fabric shop that I use seems to be out of stock! Grrrrr. I was desperate to get it finished in January as I am taking a leaf out of Carol's book and would like to stitch an ornament a month. (Thank you for the inspiration, Carol!). No matter...I will just have to finish two in February! I have already started stitching...

lizzie Kate - A Little Snow
28ct Amber Linen

Until next time,
Christina



9 comments:

  1. Love your ornament , very pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet ornament, hope you manage to get more fabric.
    No snow here either, although we did have a lovely frost this morning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finish, the white snow shows up nicely against your choice of linen. I need to be better about stitching more ornaments during the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! Really hope you can get your hands on some more linen so you can finish it off. Or maybe try some cotton fabric for the backing? That's what I usually do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute project! Beautiful stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice to see you posting again, Christina--and what an adorable finish! I love it on that shade of linen. It's one I have in my stash, but have not gotten around to stitching yet...

    So glad you will be joining in on the ornament a month fun--it really is so lovely to place all 12 on your tree at the end of the year and remember each month :) Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Christina: It is so nice to see a post from you and a lovely one it is, I am going to see if I can find some of the fabric you are looking for.
    I hope the children are growing leaps and bounds.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back, Christina. It's so great to see a new blog post from you. And to see that you are back to stitching, too.
    This is a gorgeous little ornament that you stitched. I'm looking forward to seeing the February one.

    ReplyDelete