Saturday, 18 January 2014

Christmas Exchange & Christmas Stitching


Hello and Happy New Year! Firstly, I wanted to thank you all for the lovely messages you left on my last post. Ivy is now 9 weeks old and thriving. She sleeps for 5/6 hour stretches through the night so DH and I feel fairly 'with-it' considering we have such a young baby! The only downside is that she feeds constantly from earling evening to 11pm-ish so mummy gets nothing done in the evenings. :0(. In the last couple of weeks she has started having a long nap in the morning while Isaac is at pre-school (I guess she is making the most of the peace & quiet!) so I have started to do a little stitching again. :0)

The following ornies are ones that I stitched before Ivy was born. I have been collecting Christmas Pudding ornaments/baubles for a few years now, in the hope that I could have a Christmas Pudding tree in our extension. This year it happened! So these ornies were a welcome addition to my pudding tree.
 
 
Christmas Pudding freebie found here.

reverse
 

Christmas Pudding Freebie found here.


reverse
 
Here is my Christmas Pudding tree all decorated. This is before the presents were placed underneath. Unfortunately I couldn't find Christmas pudding gift wrap! The decorations are a mix of shop bought and home made. A few of my lovely friends made decorations for the tree and my mum knitted about 20 tiny puddings. I have everyone on the look out for Christmas pudding decorations when they're out and about - there's plenty of room for a few more.
 

**********************

I recently participated in the 'Stitch Create Exchange' Christmas exchange. I received a parcel from Connie. Isn't the gingerbread ornie cute? And I love the coloured jingle bells! Such a thoughtful exchange, I loved everything included. Thank you once again Connie.



I sent to Kathleen (no blog). I loved the ornie when it was finished - if I do say so myself! I really enjoy stitching on this dove grey linen. The chart I used was LHN 'Snow White' but I only stitched the bottom half. Perhaps I will make an ornie using the top half for myself?! The card was actually an Advent Calendar so I had to make sure the parcel got to Kathleen before December 1st.


Well, I'd better leave it there. I will be posting again this month with plans for my 2014 stitching.

Regards,

Christina
  • 

20 comments:

  1. Lovely little pudding tree. Great exchanges both sent and received, glad you enjoyed it.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stitching Christina! It's nice to hear you're getting some stitching done in the mornings. It's also nice to hear Ivy is sleeping 5 to 6 hr stretches at night! My daughter Violet is 4 weeks old and is waking 3 to 4 hourly at night. I'm looking forward to some more sleep at some stage! I'm not stitching in the evenings because Violet constantly feeds at that time too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Christmas Pudding tree Christina, such an original idea. So pleased to hear Ivy is doing so well. Told you you'd got the hang of this baby thing!! Irene xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pudding tree. What a lovely idea.

    Fantastic exchanges.


    Happy to hear that Ivy is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new baby!Great exchanges!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pudding tree and recognised one I got from Sainsbury's a few years ago!!! The exchange goodies were fantastic too... hugs to Baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am impressed you got your exchange done so early at such a busy, busy time for you. Love your Pudding tree.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your pudding tree. Neither the dude nor I like Christmas pudding, yet everyone gives it to us because he's "away from home" during the holidays. so I always stitch it when I find it as sort of a joke. Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to see a post from you. I am glad Miss Ivy is doing well. I love your pudding tree. I don't know that I will see many pudding ornies here in the states but I will certainly keep my eyes open for you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tree is such a fun and original idea. happy to now that baby is thriving. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Christina I adore your Pudding Tree - its wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful that Ivy is such a lovely baby--I can't believe you have any time to stitch at all, though Christina with three young children! I guess I used to stitch at naptime when my three were young and that was all.

    Your plum pudding ornaments are so cute--and what a great idea for a tree!

    That is so funny that you and I had the same idea of stitching the bottom part of Snow White for an ornament--love yours so much :) Your beaded edges are always lovely...

    Hope this year brings your family every happiness!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely to hear that Ivy is settling into a routine, it's good to get some decent sleep. Love the pudding tree and your exchanges are great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your plum pudding tree and all of the ornaments on it are great. Both your exchanges are wonderful, both sent and received.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad Ivy is settling down well. Your ornaments are gorgeous as are your exchanges.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely update Christina! So glad that everyone is well. I absolutely love you Christmas pudding tree and your finishes.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So great to read that baby Ivy is doing great and even lets you sleep already for a nice stretch of time during the nights. And has a long nap in the morning. Gives you time to relax a bit.

    Both exchanges are really great, and I love the stitched pieces. Yours looks gorgeous on that fabric colour, so fine and delicate.

    Very nice idea, your Christmas pudding tree with stitched, knitted and bought pudding ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the Christmas Pudding Tree and such great exchanges!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad you are all doing well! There are days when I really miss those baby days! Love your tree ~ and great goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Again a big thank you for my Christmas package. I love it all. So many visitors loved the stitching and finishing on the ornament! It was a fun gift.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete