Looking through the cross-stitch album on my ipad I noticed a couple of finishes that I hadn't yet posted about. Below is an ornie that I completed back in October for an annual Breast Cancer Research auction that my sister hosts. I adapted a freebie that I've stitched many times.
Gingerbread Freebie found here
reverse
Apparently it sold for a good price, so perhaps next year I will stitch a few more!
*************
Next up, I wanted to show you a recent purchase. My Goddaughter is mad about owls and when I saw this little guy on Caroline Rose Art etsy page I HAD to buy him for her. But oh my goodness, it wasn't easy! Caroline had made twenty owls and they sold out within minutes of her putting them in her etsy shop. Luckily I was a fast 'clicker'! When I received him I was thrilled to bits - Caroline is obviously a very talented seamstress and a perfectionist at that. How am I going to give him to my Goddaughter?? He looks so cute on my bookshelf...
As a little thank you to Caroline, I stitched up this owl freebie, adapting the colours so that he looked a little like Oscar (yes, I've already named him...).
Freebie found here
reverse
Well, that's all I have to show for the moment. I have been doing lots of stitching for Easter but I will show that next time.
Regards,
Christina
Your gingerbread man is gorgeous. Love the changes you made. Oscar the Owl is gorgeous. I can understand why it might be hard to give away. A lovely thank you Owl for Caroline. I am sure she will be thrilled.
ReplyDeleteLovely gingerbread man so cute, and what a wonderful owl, hugs.
ReplyDeleteLove the owl, and your cross stitch version.
ReplyDeleteAll so sweet. What a wonderful thank you gift too!
ReplyDeleteOh, what fun! Your gingerbread man is adorable--you go girl on it selling for a good price! The owl is adorable. I can't wait to see your Easter stitching! For some reason I never manage to do any, and then regret it when the Easter Bunny's arrival is imminent. ;)
ReplyDeleteSuch sweet goodies ~ the owl is too cute!
ReplyDeleteLovely ornament finishes :-)
ReplyDeleteThe owl is too cute, there is a thing with owls at the moment, they seem to be everywhere! my daughter #2 loves them, i'll have to go and check out that freebie!
Oh they are all beautiful Christina x
ReplyDeleteohhh your wee ornies are gorgeous ... think the owl has a slight lead though and Oscar how can you part with him ...even to your god daughter ...lol :) love mouse xxxxx
ReplyDeleteChristina: I love the Breast Cancer Pillow how sweet, you new Owl is so sweet, I am sure your Goddaughter will love it,, than-you for the link for the owl cross stich pattern your color adaptation is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteCatherine
I just love your beaded edge finishing, Christina! How nice of you to stitch for the breast cancer charity--I can see why it commanded a nice price :) And the little owls are adorable... Loved the verse you added to the back...
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend--hope spring is on its way :)
Hi Christina. That's the first time I've seen my little owl stitched.
ReplyDeleteIt looks great!
Thanks for linking to my blog!
Such lovely finished - I love the little owl - thanks for sharing the freebie link!
ReplyDelete