Wow, did I really not post AT ALL in December - my favourite month of the year?! Unfortunately I succumbed to a terrible chest infection in the middle of the month and it practically ruined Christmas for me. :0( It lingers still, but I am at last on the mend so I won't dwell on it too much...
Although I didn't write a post in December I did enjoy reading all of your festive posts and they really got me into the Christmas spirit. I really love to see how others decorate their homes at Christmas time.
Just before Christmas I participated in the Christmas round of the Stitched with Love exchanges. My exchange partner was Jacqui (no blog). The ornie I stitched for her was an old favourite (freebie) of mine from Alexandrina's blog. I love triangular finishes but I think I age a few years each time I complete one! Jacqui emailed to let me know how much she liked everything I sent and how much she has enjoyed using some of the 'bits and bobs' included in the package.
Beautiful pins from Nataly's Needle Creations
I was very excited when I received my parcel. Do you see the spotty envelope in the photo below? How cool is that?! I was fit to burst and I hadn't even opened the envelope! lol. The stitched ornie is just beautiful - and so me. It went straight on my Christmas tree. The added extras are just my taste too, they will be put to very good use when I start experimenting with different finishes this year (my New Year's resolution is to be a bit more adventurous with my finishes!). The ribbons are so pretty and introduced me to a new website for purchasing good quality ribbon. Just in time to stock up on stocking fillers for family and friends. Oh, and I was even more excited when I found out who had sent the parcel - none other than Mouse herself! ;0) I've admired Mouse's finishes for many months. You really spoilt me Mouse - thank you so much - it was a lovely Christmas surprise.
Ok, well I'll sign off there. Being out of blogging practise means that this post has taken me hours to put together!
Regards,
Christina





Beautiful packages sent and received. Happy New Year to you and your family!
ReplyDeleteSo good to see a post from you. I am sorry to hear you were sick over Christmas but hope you and the family had a great one. Lovely exchange, your finish looks fantastic.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your chest infection - I had it too and still got it. Lovely packages Christina. Happy New Year to you x
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you have been unwell. I hope you are well on the road to recovery. I was not well either during December on and off. Happy New Year to you and your family. Gorgeous exchanges both sent and received. I have saved the website link you gave. It looks great.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear that you were sick over the holidays! :( I hope you're on the mend now. I love the packages you received--lucky you!
ReplyDeleteWishing you and yours a very happy 2013!
How great to see that you are back to posting. But the reason for your absence isn't funny at all. Sorry to hear that you have been ill. Chest infections are really bad because they usually take a long time before they are gone. I hope you'll get soon rid of yours.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful exchange you wre in - both exchnage pieces are so beautiful, and look at all the goodies sent. Enjoy yours.
Wishing you and your family a happy and healthy New Year!
Glad to hear you are feeling better! Wonderful exchange pieces. Wishing you and yours a wonderful New Years!
ReplyDeleteGosh, it seems like everyone is was ill in December... Sure hope you'll be feeling 100% very soon, Christina! What a time of year to fall sick.
ReplyDeleteLovely exchanges and I hope your New Year is filled with only happiness and good health!
The exchanges are so beautiful! Wishing you a very Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that you are feeling better. You lose so much time with that type of cold.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful exchange. The stitched pieces are so wonderful.
I hope that you have a great January!
ohhhh sorry to hear you have been poorly .. hope you start to get better real soon as no fun is it ..
ReplyDeleteglad you loved my goodies I sent and the enabling too heheheh ... and just love the tree you stitched too for your partner :)
take care and wishing you a very merry stitchy and finishy year ..lol :) love mouse xxxxx
I am sending you well wishes, I am glad you are feeling better, I love your exchange, how lovely.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to see you are blogging.
Hugs
Catherine
Wonderful packages from Jacqui and Mouse! The ornies are both so cute! Happy New Year Christina!
ReplyDeleteSorry you haven't been well. Hope you are back to 100%.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous exchange packages.
I hope you are all better, a chest cold is horrible.
ReplyDeleteI love your exchamges such beautiful goodies.
Good to hear from you again.
Hugs
Catherine