
I promised Valerie that I would post a photo of the Mirabilia 'Fairy Moon' that I stitched 'some time ago' (eagle-eyed readers will spot the date - 2001 *yikes*) Apologies for the terrible photograph Valerie. The fabric looks horrid here, but it's a lovely rich amber in reality. I have stitched this fairy THREE times over the years, I love it so much. I still haven't stitched the wand in this one. I'm still deciding (11 years later!) what thread to use as I hate stitching with the metallic thread that's recommended.

by Mirabilia
The next couple of photographs are of stash that I treated myself to recently. After sorting out my stash box last week I have decided not to purchase any more charts for a while...really, I should be ashamed of myself! The problem is (and this a sad admission!) I often enjoy just sorting through my charts. Because I have so many (I won't give an exact number because I think my DH reads this blog...) I forget what I own, so it's a bit like Christmas morning! lol.
Finally, our great nation seems to be gripped with patriotic fervour at the moment with the impending Diamond Jubilee and the 2012 Olympics. Shops are filled to the brim with British memorabilia. This is good news for me as I've decided to go with a London theme for Isaac's bedroom - I wouldn't want him to forget his roots now that he's living up north! I've managed to narrow it down to two fabrics for his roman blind. Help? Which one do I choose?!

Until next time,
Christina
I am hearing you with the half stitches. They can be very frustrating. Your rocking horse is looking great though so it will be worth the effort. I love your Moon Fairy - what a gorgeous design. I am loving the London buses.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! It was three times?! I thought it was just two! Your Fairy Moon is gorgeous! I hope mine looks half as pretty once I finish.
ReplyDeleteAnd hang in there with your BAP. It looks great so far but I can totally understand all the frustration.
I like the taxi cabs. :)
I so admire you for tackling this giant project, Christina! I know I would never have the patience for it...hang in there.
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous fairy! I don't enjoy stitching with metallics either so I understand your hesitation.
I love the bus theme for your son's room--red is so bright and cheery :)
Great stash enhancement.
ReplyDeleteI love the look of the rocking horse even though it gave you grief.
Hugs
Lovely new stash. Here in Staffordshire I am still waiting for the shops to fill with Jubilee items I am eager to buy! I love the Taxi fabric x
ReplyDeleteLovely new stash. Your son's room is going to be gorgeous. Your fairy is stunning. Love your BAP - it looks great.
ReplyDeleteOooh i love the London bus fabric! And im so jealous of all that stash, i really want to buy some charts but considering how many i have and how little i stitch these days, i really shouldnt lol
ReplyDeleteoh and i totally agree about your comment on Mayim Balik and the breastfeeding. I totally feel its about the mother's needs rather than the childs when they're breastfeeding that long. Something doesnt sit right when you think of a 5 year old boy breastfeeding! I could never imagine feeding Caleb and he's 3. Aaron (nrly 6mths) seems to weaning himself which has surprised me, i thought id feed him a little bit longer. Oh well some freedom at last for me ;-)
ReplyDeleteWow! I can't believe you stitched Fairy Moon 3 times! Your BAP looks fantastic. I like the red buses best. :) http://astitchersstory.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteYour BAP looks great but I hear you on your frustration with the half stitches. It would drive me mad too!
ReplyDeleteFairy Moon is gorgeous!
I like the London bus fabric best:)
Your BAP looks great! I feel the same way about fractional stitches...don't like them!!
ReplyDeleteI love visiting my stash too and looking at things. I need to stop adding to it also.
I think it sounds like a wonderful idea for Isaac's bedroom, that fabric is so cool.
Have a great weekend.
Your BAP looks wonderful although I can totally understand how frustrating you're finding all those fractional stitches. Fairy Moon is so beautiful. I like visiting my stash too because more often than not I find something that I've completely forgotten about and then it gets moved to the 'must stitch' pile! Love the theme you're going with for Isaac's room! I like the London buses!
ReplyDeleteI just sent you a Liebster award.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
Hi,have just found your blog.
ReplyDeleteYou have stitched and made up some beautiful things. :)
Wow! That Santas List looks like a lot of work! Good on you for taking it on. Definately will be coming back for another look at your progress on this piece and just wanna say your blog is full of wonderful stitchy pieces and I saw your mantle display with the tree full of ornaments - love it!- wish I had one! :) Your daughter and baby look adorable - I have one girl and 3 boys - maybe theres more in your future too? Enjoy your time with the little ones and have fun stitching!
ReplyDeleteChristina: Your Fairy Moon is postively beautiful I love her,I love the fabric for the blind but the double decker bus screams London.
ReplyDeleteLots of great stash it is always good to have lots of stash.
Hugs
Catherine
I know I wouldn't have the patience for that bap you are working on! It will be beautiful when completed. And that fairy ~ beautiful! I can't believe you've done it three times! Enjoy all the fun new stash. Is there anyway to incorporate both fabrics? Maybe the bus for the blinds and the other for some throw pillows?
ReplyDeleteWHAT A LOVELY BLOG YOU HAVE! I`M MESMERIZED WITH YOUR BEAUTIFUL FAIRY!
ReplyDeleteYour BAP is lovely! Fairy Moon is absolutely gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLove your new stash too!
I can relate to every single word you say about those frequent colourchanges and the fractional stitches. At the beginning of my stitching career I stitched a Paula Vaughan design and her designs have all of this, too. The result was gorgeous. And yours will be, too. So, hang in there.
ReplyDelete