Monday, 1 May 2017

Oops...I missed out on an April Post

So, I didn't post at all in April. Oops. 😬 Ah well, May 1st is *almost* April!
I managed to get my April ornament stitched up but ran out of time to finish it. I will get it finished in the next few days so I don't get behind on my mission to stitch one ornament a month. It is an oldie but goodie - a LHN ornament from the 2010 series. I've stitched a few from this particular year. T'was a good year!

Little House Needleworks
'Frosty Flakes'
32ct Summer Khaki linen

In addition to my ornament stitching, I have another new start. After seeing Lorrie's (aka Mischievous Stitcher) Pat Roger's Tapestry Sampler on floss tube, I remembered that I had stitched a Pat Roger's sampler back in the 90s. In fact, I stitched this particular design several times for various family members. Below is one that I stitched for my nanna Ivy in 1994 (thanks to my dad for retrieving this from their loft!) It hung pride of place in my Nanna's hallway until her death in 2010. As you can see, the framing is pretty dated, but the sampler isn't. I just love the colours in this one, so I will be getting it re-framed.


In my quest to find a copy of the Pat Rogers Tapestry Sampler chart, I discovered another sampler of hers that I really like. So I purchased it - from etsy - and made a start. I wish the photos did it justice. The colours are just beautiful. It seems to be stitching up fairly quickly, so I should get this finished this month. 




32ct Vintage Beige linen

I hope to be back fairly soon with my April ornament all finished up and Alphabet Garden ready to be framed! 

Until next time,

Christina

14 comments:

  1. Oh Christina the sampler you are having reframed is just lovely. And it will always have such special memories too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet ornament finish.
    What a lovely idea to have the sampler reframed. Are you going to keep it for you? Very pretty new start, I can see the colours are simply stunning! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stitched the sampler you did for Nanna Ivy too. I have it hung in the house still. Pat Rogers was one of the few designers available then. Your ornament looks lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful sampler! You're right, the colors are lovely. Congrats on the ornament finish! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine - it is me Becky the Obsessed Stitcher. I used to have a blog for my daughter's dog, Buddha - so sorry about the confusion also my email is my personal non-stitchy email. Your blog is lovely and I love all the blogs listed. Love this Pat Rogers sampler - just gorgeous! I look forward to watching your progress. I glanced at your ornaments and I love how you date them on the back - that is so cute and clever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally catching up on my blog reading, Christina! I do love that little LHN snowman you stitched and don't know why I haven't stitched him myself. That was an excellent year for her ornament designs--I loved almost every one :)

    Now I know where your one daughter gets her name :) So nice that you're going to reframe that pretty piece--can't wait to see it.

    Lovely looking new piece--enjoy! And have a relaxing weekend with your little ones... I'll be at my mother's 90th birthday party!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stitching!!! You are right, those are some beautiful colors in your current stitching project :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your colors on the Pat Roger's sampler are so much brighter (and prettier) than the photo on the chart. Your LHN ornament is cute, love his green scarf and the gold border, can't wait to see how you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely April ornament. And I love your new start on the alphabet. The colours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your April ornament. It is so cute.

    Beautiful start on the alphabet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christina: Your Pat Rogers design is beautiful, I look forward to seeing your progress.
    Your April Snowman is adorable.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete