My parcel had to travel all the way to Debbie in Canada. I went with a British theme. The stitched ornie is a freebie. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to find from where I sourced it, but will edit to include that info as soon as I know. It seemed to stitch up pretty quickly which is always a good thing in my opinion! Debbie emailed to let me know how thrilled she was with the exchange.
I mentioned earlier that we have recently had an extension built. The newly plastered and painted walls have seemed quite bare but up until now I have felt a little reluctant to start banging holes into them! I am starting to overcome this fear and gradually adding bits and bobs around the new room. Below is my latest purchase. They are prints by East of India. I love their designs and have coveted these for months.
Baby news is that we had our 20 week scan last week. Yikes, half-way! The baby passed with flying colours and is measuring 50th centile in all areas but estimated weight (34th centile). Looks like it could be another small baby - Isaac was only 6lb 5oz. Iris was 8lb 1oz. Somewhere in between would be nice!
The body part on the left of the scan picture is a leg and not confirmation that the baby is a boy! Apologies for being so crude, but we have had many comments about it! lol. DH did however see 'something' on the screen that would suggest we're having another boy, but we didn't ask the consultant to confirm the gender so there is still an element of surprise (although we have painted the nursery a bluey grey today!).
And finally, despite the fact that I have hundreds of charts in my possession I have added to my stash this week. I am a huge fan of etsy and I happened upon a new designer called 'Satsuma Street'. They are based in the USA but deliver charts as a PDF file. I received mine within a matter of minutes. I purchased 'London' and 'Tokyo' both for $10 - unbelievable. I think I'm going to stitch and display them as shown. I love the simplicity of the hoop - the design is colourful enough.
London
Tokyo
I'll be back soon with LOTS of Halloween stitching. I seem to be stitching my way through last years JCS Halloween special! ;0)
Regards,
Christina






Hi Christina: I love the picture of your new Baby, oh so cute, great exchanges, I really like your PDF patterns I will have to look this company up soon.
ReplyDeleteCatherine
Wonderful exchanges! Love the baby portrait too. :o) I am off to check out that designer now. Looking forward to seeing your Halloween stitching.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful theme for an exchnage. Both exchnage pieces are so beautifully stitched and finished. Enjoy your goodies.
ReplyDeleteThis new designer you mention has really great designs. No wonder that you couldn't resist, lol.
I'm lookibg forward to seeing your Halloween stitching.
Fabulous exchanges. What lovely news about your baby's progress. Great to see new designers - they are modern and fresh
ReplyDeleteLovely exchange gifts both sent and received! Congrats on the new baby. I'd 3 under five and it had its moments but overall it was fine and they were great company for each other as they grew up.
ReplyDeleteOh, I missed your last post. Very many congratulations on your expected arrival. How lovely. The exchanges were wonderful and I love your seaside prints. Maybe I should treat myself too! Irene xxx
ReplyDeleteGreat exchanges. Both are full of such wonderful things.
ReplyDeleteSo glad that the pregnancy is going well. Those prints are wonderful. Thanks for introducing me to this new designer too.
Big Hugs!
Lovely exchanges both sent and received. Glad Baby is doing well. Lovely new stash.
ReplyDeleteI also had 3 children under 5 yrs. Wouldn't have it any other way. They STILL are very, very close, and one is in college now.
ReplyDeleteLovely exchanges. Very nice patterns.
What a great post!! So sweet seeing the baby ~ so glad everything is going well. Love all the exchange goodies and those prints. Love the new charts ~ they remind me of "It's a Small World" in Disney World!
ReplyDeleteNice to see you again!The Satsuma designs are very beautiful!AriadnefromGreece!
ReplyDeleteHi Christina: The designer for the freebie you stitched (Home is Where the Heart Is)is Barbara Ana. I've stitched several of her designs and absolutely love them.
ReplyDeleteCynthia
Ha ha--you made me laugh with the baby ultrasound photo comment! I'm so happy that your baby is doing so beautifully, Christina--will be interesting to if your DH is correct that it is another boy.
ReplyDeleteLovely exchange on both sides--your beaded edges are always so pretty. And I'm glad you have more room in your home now--you'll need it with the new little one :)
Hope your summer is a relaxing one!
So glad baby is doing well Christina. Hope you are managing to have some rest. I love the exchanges xx
ReplyDeleteCongratulaions on the baby!! What a blessing!
ReplyDeleteLove the stitching you've shown. They remind me of something I've seen at Disneyland.
You're preggy???? CONGRATULATIONS Christina!!!! I'm SO happy for you and can't wait to hear more about the new addition :)
ReplyDeleteGreat exchanges!
Hello! I just came across your blog. Congratulations on your pregnancy! And what lovely stitching. :-)
ReplyDelete