Oh my goodness...Blogger and I are going to fall out very soon. I consider myself fairly computer literate, but this latest interface has me annoyed/perplexed/frustrated and worse still, not wanting to blog! I'm not sure if it's just because I'm now having to use my ipad to blog (since Isaac picked all of the keys off my laptop). Any advice would be gratefully received. :0)
Anyway, onto nicer things. It has taken me some time to get around to posting about the latest 'Stitched With Love' exchange (see above rant!). I simply had to participate in the 'Animal Antics' round as I'm a HUGE giraffe fan! But more of that later...
I stitched for Greta (no blog) who is - I am reliably informed - a little fond of frogs.
I had so much fun putting this package together although froggy themed items are few and far between in the shops at the moment (unless one is mad on Kermit!) so I did find it rather challenging, but that just adds to the fun of it, right??!
Pins by Nataly Needle Creations
Frog scissor charm by My Big Toe Designs
My stitched piece was a freebie from Casey Buonaugurio Designs. It is the first time that I have attempted a biscornu finish and I really enjoyed the challenge of it. I definitely see more finishes like this in my future.
Front view
Back view
Greta emailed to let me know how much she liked the parcel I sent - phew, mission accomplised! ;0)
My exchange was from Rennee. She chose to stitch me two fabulous giraffe ornies. I will definitely be keeping these on my ornie tree all year round. Aren't they sweet?
And an added bonus...a giraffe ornie to hang on my Christmas tree! I have looked for a giraffe ornie for years but never managed to find one. Thank you so much Rennee!
Ok, I've had enough of struggling with Blogger. I think it is an issue with using blogger on my ipad as I can't scroll down a post whilst it's in draft. I'm now using my dad's laptop and it seems a lot easier (but still nowhere near as easy as the old interface). Sort your act out Google!
I'll be back soon with lots of Halloween stitching (better late than never!).
Regards,
Christina







What a great exchange. I LOVE those giraffe ornaments that were stitched for you. =)
ReplyDeleteBoth exchanges sent and received are gorgeous. I love the giraffe ornaments.
ReplyDelete2 great exchanges, they look like great fun...hope you get your blogging gremlins sorted PDQ
ReplyDeleteSo nice to see a new post from you. And with such pretty stitched pieces. I love them all, the giraffes and the frogs. I have seen a couple more posts about this exchnage on other stitchers' blogs, and it seems this exchange was a full success. Enjoy your great giraffe-goodies.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to seeing your Halloween stitching.
What a fabulous exchange! I love what you stitched and what you received. Looking forward to seeing your Halloween things.
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful exchanges. Both themes are wonderful and you were both able to find wonderful things.
ReplyDeleteThe stitched pieces are fabulous!!
Another two great exchanges Christina. Love the frog and giraffe pieces. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteTwo great exchanges!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun gifts given and received! I love all the frogs and the giraffes to. What fun!
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful exchange pieces! Lucky you. The giraffe is too cute. The new blogging interface is hard to get used to, isn't it?? I feel like I get the hang ofone thing and then they change it.
ReplyDeleteFantastic exchanges! Love the giraffe ornament. So cute!
ReplyDeleteLove all the exchange goodies!!
ReplyDeleteI love the exchange pieces! Very cute!
ReplyDeleteAs far as blogger? After being on Blogger for 8 years, I finally made the jump to Wordpress, and a self-hosted blog. I love it! It costs a little bit to run ($8 a month in hosting fees), but I love the flexibility it give me.
Great exchange gifts!
ReplyDeleteI cant believe Isaac picked all the keys off your laptop! That did make me laugh though (sorry ;-) )